_GOTOBOTTOM
Cold War (1950-1974)
Discuss the aircraft modeling subjects during the Cold War period.
Hosted by Tim Hatton
1970'ies US air ordnance
Tailor
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,168 posts
AeroScale: 199 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 08:15 PM UTC
Gentlemen,

usually I make ship models and contribute to the modelshipswrights section a bit. Lately I have been side tracked by some Cold War US plane development and found a couple of good books about the planes of the era.
Now I am looking for reference (internet, print, CD, DVD) of 1970'ies US air ordnance. Especially technical drawings are what I am looking for.
Your help and pointers will be highly appreciated!

Cheers,
Guido

Thatguy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 487 posts
AeroScale: 36 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 09:04 AM UTC
Are you looking for anything in particular? If you have a sense of specific items, you might want to look at the ORDATA website (http://ordatamines.maic.jmu.edu/). It might take a little time to get used to the search feature, but there are a lot of good line drawings to be had.
Tailor
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,168 posts
AeroScale: 199 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 07:33 PM UTC
Hi, Joe!
Thanks for your reply.

In general, one can learn a lot about the potential of the plane from books etc., but the true fighting value is limited by the set of weapon. There is usuall very little specific information about the armament. That is for the information part.
I would be great t have such information and scale drawings which would can enable me to scratch-build the required weapon and pylon/launcher/rack.

Thank your for the link: I shall study this.

TIA
Guido
 _GOTOTOP