_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
In progress pic of my RAF Mustang III
Delbert
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,659 posts
AeroScale: 209 posts
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2009 - 02:56 AM UTC
Hello all.

I havn't posted any models recently as I havn't really done that much of late and what I had did not work out well.. anyways I mostly do armor and thought I'd have a change of pace and do a wingy thing.

Just noticed something funny this is my 5th plane and the last one I did was back in 2005..

Anyways here it is. be kind... LOL

This is the RAF Mustang III tamiya kit # 61047 building out of box and will be using the markings for the Polish squadron.

The colors so are are all model master enamals and are
RAF Ocean Grey and RAF Dark Green over RAF Medium Sea Grey.

So far I'm very pleased with it.. the airbrushing has gone without a hitch which could be a little worring.. LOL

Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2009 - 05:37 AM UTC
Very, very good work. Especially for an armor modeler! Just kidding. I have never built a piece of armor so I really don't know what I'm talking about! Ha ha Keep up the good work and lets see her when shes done. Russell
Delbert
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 04:39 AM UTC
Just thought I'd post an update.. got the white on.. that was a really worrysome color.

Delbert
robot_
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 719 posts
AeroScale: 691 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 06:11 AM UTC
This is looking very nice Delbert. I am planning a RAF Mustang myself (a Mustang Ia, in 1/72). Can't wait to see yours finished!
Delbert
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 12:45 PM UTC
Just thought I'd post an update...

This is after the coat of Future, which I still need more practice with as I got a slight pebbling effect, but its not to bad..

I've got 3/4 of the decals on... The Roundels are partictulary bad as they keep either cracking or as you can see on the raised bit of wing surface the detail breaks through.. I've used some of the spare decals to patch the problem area's.. somewhat...

Delbert
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 05:49 PM UTC
Looking good there. Isn't it the case that decals are often the weak link in the chain of building? It's funny how that works out that way. Looking at yours you have done fine though, keep it up and lets see her done! Russell
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
AeroScale: 788 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 10:46 PM UTC
hi delbert! i'm building a frog mustang II that dates from the late 60's, when i was looking through the latest posts your thread was one below mine, hows that for coincedence!
i wanted one of these aircraft because i really like the look of the earlier mustangs in RAF colours, and i am a fan of "old school" kits too, so when i spotted this one at a show for only £2 how could i resist!
as you say, the decals can be a pain, and mine are about 40 years old! your model dosen't look at all bad, in the pics i'd never have known you've had decaling "issues"
stick with it,
phil.
hkopper
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 529 posts
AeroScale: 340 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 - 01:00 PM UTC
Looking good Delbert!!
 _GOTOTOP