_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Help with Regia Aeronautica camo scheme
lawlzw
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 120 posts
AeroScale: 26 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 22, 2009 - 10:40 PM UTC
Hi guys,

I am currently working on Italeri's Caproni Ca-311 for our "Made in Italy" campaign. I am attempting to replicate a camouflage scheme of green mottles on a dark yellow base.

As you can see, instead of green mottles I got green "patches" instead...oops...

My question is, is this camouflage scheme still remotely accurate/plausible? maybe the maintenance guys or whoever applied the camouflage did this instead of the "official" mottle scheme? (basically I am hoping I dun have to strip the paint and re-do everything! )

My thanks to all in advance...
james84
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Roma, Italy
KitMaker: 1,368 posts
AeroScale: 377 posts
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2009 - 04:34 AM UTC
AFAIK, the patches should be rather smaller... somewhat similar to German camo schemes. But some fellow modeller, Italian or not, will definitely tell you more!
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2009 - 09:51 PM UTC
Hi there, Russell here. Thought I would show you a Macchi 202 which I built recently. It has a sand yellow background with green spotting for the camoflage. Thought you might be interested. I would say there were many different kinds of camo jobs on Italian birds, you probably could get away with what you have done. Hope this helps. Russell

_GOTOTOP