Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Airfix 1/72 Spitfires
MikeMx
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 649 posts
AeroScale: 434 posts
Posted: Monday, November 30, 2009 - 10:27 AM UTC
I've noticed that Hannants are carrying 2 new looking Airfix 1/72 Spitfires. The first is a Mk Vc (trop) in RAAF or SAAF markings and the other is a Mk IX in Mediterreanean colours. Are these new tooling kits like the PR Mk XIX? Or are they updated old kits?

thanks
Mike
robot_
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 719 posts
AeroScale: 691 posts
Posted: Monday, November 30, 2009 - 08:57 PM UTC
The IX is a new-tool, the V isn't. There is an 8 page thread over on Britmodeller about the IX

Edit: is it me, or is something up with the URL styles: in my browser there is no colour or underlining to show that the last sentence above is a link?
MikeMx
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 649 posts
AeroScale: 434 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 11:30 AM UTC
Thanks - I'll look out for that!

thanks
Mike
FalkeEins
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 868 posts
AeroScale: 690 posts
Posted: Friday, December 04, 2009 - 06:57 AM UTC
Hi Mike

finished my first of the new IX Spits last weekend....also completed a PR 19 recently...nice little kits, although the IX was devoid of cockpit detail which was disappointing. Neither was there any provision for the early wing bulges and it also came with a rather poor fitting canopy..

The PR 19 is excellent for a fiver, nice cockpit and details, and plenty of interesting schemes on the new Freightdog and Xtradecal sheets

TuomasH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Turku ja Pori, Finland
KitMaker: 470 posts
AeroScale: 279 posts
Posted: Friday, December 04, 2009 - 07:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Edit: is it me, or is something up with the URL styles: in my browser there is no colour or underlining to show that the last sentence above is a link?

Neither have I any sign to show that it is link. Also the font on this quote page looks bit wierd and my front page text is on top of some of the framings. I could have just screwed something too, thought.
robot_
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 719 posts
AeroScale: 691 posts
Posted: Friday, December 04, 2009 - 10:39 AM UTC
Tuomas, these bugs are known about- there is a thread about them, but unfortunately only in the contributors forum. All links in the Aeroscale forums are showing with no special formatting.
 _GOTOTOP