_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Revell news I./ 2010
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 05, 2009 - 03:09 AM UTC
Hi all

yesterdays press conference in Bünde brought some info on Revells schedule for the next year. There will be some interesting News in large scale which I cannot publish yet, but as far as it looks now it will be rather disappointing for 1/72 and 1/48 ... though there are some re-issues that might interest one or another modeller.

For now I can publish the news for the first quarter 2010. I also included the Star Trek Voyager re-issues and the "Trabbi" ltd. Edition. Not to forget there is some left overs from this year that shall hit the shops early next year.

Revell News I./2010

all the best

Steffen
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Saturday, December 05, 2009 - 08:38 PM UTC
mornin all

seems there is no interest in this. So Rowan would you pleas remove the NEWS headline I attached to my post. I will keep silent in the future.

all the best

Steffen
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 05, 2009 - 09:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

...seems there is no interest in this...

Hi Steffen

Why do you jump to that conclusion? Because there were no replies? That's true of most News items - just look through the Forum and see for yourself. There have been over 80 views so far, so don't worry - people are interested.

There's nothing in 1:48 at all in your list - that's surprisng and not much good to you!

All the best

Rowan
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Saturday, December 05, 2009 - 09:21 PM UTC
Hi Rowan

I meant the views and about 4 of them are because I posted the thread and bumped it. Every stupid question about a Fairey Flycatcher Mk.Z with Pristol Brometheus engine gets more hits in an hour ...

That page on my site has about 750 views so far ... compiling it "cost" me several hours yesterday but I know you know what amount of work is behind maintaining a site And yes, I know it is just advertizing for Revell but still the news are driving this Hobby

as I wrote you this is not meant against you or the audience but just to save me some time uselessly spent.

all the best

Steffen
P.S. there won't be any 48 scale news (and just 1 in 72 scale) but 2 interesting reissues in cooperation with another company. there will be some more 32scale hype .. even for you island monkeys But as I do not have the list yet and there is a retention period until January 1st I will not comment further on this
Tomcat31
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,828 posts
AeroScale: 1,720 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 05, 2009 - 09:44 PM UTC
I looked at the link and translated what I could remember from when I lived in Germany. But there wasn't much in the news that interested me personally so I didn't see a point in posting a reply.

I would say that hits on your page is what should be the deciding factor on whether you continue bringing news of Revell's releases to the public not how many people have viewed it here. Did you post the news on other forums like Armourama, Model Geek, etc?
robot_
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 719 posts
AeroScale: 691 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 05, 2009 - 10:05 PM UTC
Hmm... a British 1/32 subject... hmmm... obviously Revell has a history with their old Typhoon, but with MDC covering that subject maybe not as good a choice as something completely new for this scale. Mosquitos are going to be popular next year, with the 1/24 one coming out, and Revell also did one of these previously... That's assuming it is a WW2 subject.

If it is cheap(er than the Spitfire and Mosquito kits recently released), and in a subject that is inspiring, I may make the jump to 1/32.
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Saturday, December 05, 2009 - 10:08 PM UTC
Hi Allan

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

I did not really expect replies (I also got just one on HS). There are no exciting News in the first Quarter and some of the reissues are really old stuff. but I just have the feeling that the people on Aeroscale are not interested in the News like others.

This is no problem and I do not want to upset anyone. As written above I just want to spare myself some unnecessary work.

@ Ben: I cannot tell yet.

all the best

Steffen
chukw1
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 817 posts
AeroScale: 729 posts
Posted: Monday, December 07, 2009 - 04:01 AM UTC
Well, Steffen, I didn't respond because there's no 1/48 prop stuff. Nuthin' fer me...

chuk
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Monday, December 07, 2009 - 06:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well, Steffen, I didn't respond because there's no 1/48 prop stuff. Nuthin' fer me...

Same here...
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Monday, December 07, 2009 - 06:33 AM UTC
Hello Chuk

Again, I did not expect any answer to my post because I am fully aware that there is not much interesting stuff during the first quarter. Also AFAIK the whole year will be rather disappointing (I am into quarterscale only) ... except you have a large house to build up a large scale stash and/or display ...

But I was commenting on the views count between my original post and the bump. For me this means there is not much interest in news here, because you could not know there is no news until you had looked into my post (you did not even have to click the link to know). Seems I am not able to make my point clear ...

all the best

Steffen

P.S. Rowan, please do not forget to remove the headline. I do not want you to have trouble with staff_jim just because of me
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Monday, December 07, 2009 - 09:39 AM UTC
Hi again

last bump of this one. We got some pix which I added to the list (the CD Revell provided at the press conference was empty...)

I like this one, though it's for a model in the wrong scale ...

plus there are two 1/72 figure sets (RAF + Luftwaffe) and the Maultier added

cheers

Steffen
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, December 07, 2009 - 10:40 AM UTC
Hi again

It's nice to see the old Fury back again - I always thought the first Matchbox kits were the nicest (pre-trenchlines ), but the Frog He 219? If they are determined to bring back one of the old '60s kits, what about the original Revell version?

Now, if a new Uhu was among the largescale kits coming, that'd be awesome! Of course, rumours from Norway suggest Revell's interest in a Heinkel of another type...

All the best

Rowan
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Monday, December 07, 2009 - 10:55 AM UTC
Hi Rowan

Well Iam not into 72 any more but I was told this Frog Uhu is better than their own,

but then there ist the Dragon kit (since 20 years).

all the best

Steffen
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, December 07, 2009 - 11:22 AM UTC
Hi Steffen

As I remember, the Frog Uhu was maybe slightly more accurate (it was certainly more complicated) although both are best viewed as nostalgia pieces really. Releasing either of them seems a strange decision nowadays, but the original Revell one would at least fit in with their periodic company heritage series.

I might well grab the Fury though. Do they do the Matchbox Boeing P-12 too? That was a very neet kit for its day.

All the best

Rowan
robot_
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 719 posts
AeroScale: 691 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 02:43 AM UTC
I've been waiting for the Revell RAF ground figures for over a year- it was supposed to be released in November this year, I think. Steffen: have you seen any photos of the set- the only ones associated with it (on their web page, and at Hannants) seem to be two wartime photos.
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 03:02 AM UTC
Hi Ben

no, I have not seen anything yet, but I must also say again, that 72 is not my scale and it may be that it just passed by ...

all the best

Steffen
Emeritus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
AeroScale: 1,564 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 04:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I like this one, though it's for a model in the wrong scale ...

Indeed, very nice box art. 'Wiederauflage', that's a re-release, right? Any idea of the original manufacturer?
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 09:33 PM UTC
Hi Eetu

I am sorry, I missed your post yesterday. On top of the page there is a small table with translations

As for the origin: It became not fully clear whose tool this is, but it seems this is also an old tool .. I mean ooooooooold (not Hasegawa) maybe Matchbox or Frog or something like that. I still like the artwork because it has some action on it and not just one a/c ...

all the best

Steffen
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 01:53 AM UTC
Hi Eetu

I found out ... 1955 Revell tool, so probably the boxart is the best part of the kit. on a 2nd thought maybe the decal sheet is useable too.

greets

Steffen
Tomcat31
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,828 posts
AeroScale: 1,720 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 07:57 AM UTC
Hi Steffen,

I've found someone who looks forward to your news releases. While reading the news intro in the December issue of Scale Aviation Modeller International. The piece is about this years releases and what's to come in the next, and I came across this

Quoted Text

MPM have already issued a game plan for the next nine months, and we rarely have to wait long after Christmas before Revell's annual broadside leaks out onto the IPMS Deutschland website

See people do care

P.S. I've let the editor know that some of the list is out already
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 08:15 AM UTC
Thanks Allen

seems some people have a look at my site ..

I normally post the news on new years eve around 12PM GMT +1. because I stick to the retention priod but maybe such comments lead to other impressions at Revell staff ... I was forwarded a "warning" by Revell given out to the press conference participants to keep silent about the news that will appear after the first quarter

cheers

Steffen
 _GOTOTOP