_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Call of Duty WWI
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 05, 2009 - 06:03 PM UTC

Rowan posted this in Early Aviationbut since some of you do fantasy subjects I thought you might get a kick out of this. Model On!

Péter Lőrincz shows us his incredible 1:72 alternative history WW1 Apache Gunship!

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Monday, December 07, 2009 - 03:01 AM UTC
I'm not into What-If projects, but it definitely looks different. He did a great job on the wood grain and bare metal surfaces. The gray areas look like unpainted plastic to me and detracts from the overall build though.
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Monday, December 07, 2009 - 03:08 AM UTC
Unpainted plastic??
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Monday, December 07, 2009 - 03:29 AM UTC
The gray portions; rotors, access covers, tail rotor cowling, etc. look like unpainted plastic that has a brown wash on them to me. I could be wrong, but thats how they look to me. I would have chosen another color besides gray.
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Monday, December 07, 2009 - 03:36 AM UTC
Hi Gino

these are not unpainted, but have the correct German colour for metal parts in WW1. It is a grey and to my eye it does not look like unpainted plastic at all... but such things are very subjective and also depend very much on the monitor and settings

all the best

Steffen
Bink123
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 414 posts
AeroScale: 364 posts
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 - 01:52 PM UTC
What a hoot!

Well done. I do not model helicopters, but do model ww1 biplanes. I thought for a lark I'd visit this forum.

The first thread i looked at was this one. When I saw the wooden helicopter I nearly fell off my chair laughing.

Ahem,.... very nice wood simulation, both on the fuselage and on the rear rotor. Tastefully done woodgrains. I see that you have perfectly simulated the duralumim as well.

I assume this is one of the Luftwaffe 1919 projects as submitted by LFG Roland.

Seriously though - you have done a beautiful job in finishing this craft. I love the details in the cockpit, and the wood simulations. Wonderfully whimsical. Just beautiful.

Congratulations, you have my admiration.

_GOTOTOP