_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
In-Flight Displays
Sean18mb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 13 posts
AeroScale: 6 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 09:16 AM UTC
I'm currently in the process of building a 1/48 Monogram Pro Modeler F-15E. I've decided to display the model in flight, meaning no exposed landing gear. I'm at the point where I'm trying to decide how to best mount the aircraft upon a stand. Has anyone ever done this before? How did you attach the model to the stand?

I'm wanting to display the model something like this. I may have the airplane banking as well as climbing. The stand may not be exactly the same, but similar to that general way of displaying the plane. Should I create the stand to cradle the plane, or should I have something affixed within the plane, and then be able to mount it solidly that way? Perhaps supported through the exhaust nozzles?

-Sean
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 10:45 AM UTC
Hi Sean

Joe (mother) did something along those lines a while back: https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/138673#1157374

All the best

Rowan
Sean18mb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 13 posts
AeroScale: 6 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 08:32 AM UTC
Thanks. I'm still not sure how I'm going to mount this. But I glued a block of wood inside the aircraft, so if I decide to mount it on a stand through the body, I have that option. I think I prefer the look that Joe has with his. In fact, that is pretty much the same position I wanted to mount it in!

We have an F-5 fighter (actual plane) on display in my city, and they have mounted it through the exhaust nozzles. It looks pretty cool!

-Sean
 _GOTOTOP