_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
1/144 Douglas DC-6B Mainliner
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
AeroScale: 1,164 posts
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2009 - 04:03 PM UTC
Just put the wraps on this one this morning after unwrapping all of our presents. It is part of a local group build we are doing for airliners. I was really pleased with the way it came out. Kit is the Minicraft offering using the kit decals and plenty of Solvaset.. Just thought I would share with you. Thanks, "Q"

Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 11:30 AM UTC
Hey Matthew, great job on the airliner. I have said it before, it's great to see more civil stuff on here. I have the Minicraft 1/144 super Constellation in Eastern markings, with the white top on the fuselage, also have the DC-6 in 1/144 scale, again from Minicraft in American Airlines markings. Working on both of them slowly! Again, great looking bird! Russell

P.S. You said you used Solvaset on the decals, I only use that when decals are terribly difficult to work with, were the United decals hard? I hope they stayed together for you and didn't break up like my MD-80 decals did of the same manufacturer.
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
AeroScale: 1,164 posts
Posted: Monday, December 28, 2009 - 04:14 AM UTC
Thanks for the kudos Russell. The decals were a little stiff. I was using Micro Set/Sol initially, but they didn't respond well to that stuff, so I switched to the Solvaset and things went well from there. I had to do a little touch up here and there with some spare decals I had, but nothing major. I did have to paint some small portions around the windscreen and the nose area, but once I gloss coated everything, the paint blended in perfectly with the decals. I had two options for the paint, Tamiya X4, and Humbrol #15 were both good matches for the dark blue. This has been sitting on my bench for some time now and I really wanted to get it finished so I could move on to other projects. So far I have 2 remaining that I am trying to wrap up by years end. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can. Thanks again for the kudos, much appreciated. "Q"
 _GOTOTOP