_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Hobby Craft SPADXIII Barracca
Mgunns
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,423 posts
AeroScale: 1,319 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 02:53 AM UTC
Here are some pictures of my Hobby Craft SPAD XIII in the kit provided Francesco Barracca. I really enjoyed this kit. There is no engine, but it went together quite well, the fit was good, save for the upper wing attachment, but overall a fun build. The super detailers amongst us could really have some fun with this kit.

I used Model Master paints as were called out by the instruction sheet and followed the diagram as shown on the box backside. The box opens from the side, which I don't care for, but that is the way it goes. The rigging is EZ line fine.
gajouette
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 365 posts
AeroScale: 356 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 05:05 AM UTC
Mark,
I always appreciate a good SPAD build.Excellent build my friend and one of my favorite Aces too.
Regards,
Gregory Jouette
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 01:47 PM UTC
I'm not much of a spad fan , but you did a excellent job on the build ! Thanks for sharing more of your projects with us
Mgunns
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,423 posts
AeroScale: 1,319 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 01:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm not much of a spad fan , but you did a excellent job on the build ! Thanks for sharing more of your projects with us

Thanks Terri:

I never used to be a big fan of the SPAD either. But I got this kit last spring on a trip and I liked the markings, (an Italian). I really ended up liking it. Our Club is having a "Holiday Build" for our next meeting. Something simple, so I am doing the Revell SPAD XIII in 1/28. I got it years ago from a friend for helping him out with his motorcycle, and am doing a strictly OOB of it. I will post pics of that as well, and I will use the proper listing techniques as promulgated by Steve in the "Whats Going On Here" instructions.
I am looking forward to seeing your progress on your Pfalz.
 _GOTOTOP