_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
F-15 E Cockpit by Avionix - What the hell?!
Leopard-2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 229 posts
AeroScale: 2 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 01:12 PM UTC
Hello,

in the morning i started to start with the cockpit for my Tamiya Strike Eagle which i buied a year ago. What i saw was just terrible! The detailing is fine, that's not the problem but there are bubble holes all over the parts especially on places where they're very difficult to remove (ACES II ejection seats).

I know that it's not possible to avoid bubble holes every time but so many isn't normal. The bubble holes are not the only problem, by the way. The cast quality of the two large cockpit parts is also pretty bad. It's difficult for me to describe because my technical english isn't been as good as it should be. Tommorow i'll get some photos up so you can see what i mean.

My question is: do most of the Avionix products have these problems or is my set just some kind of accident? I've read some feedback about their products and most of them where very good. Very hard for me to confirm...

Greetings from Germany

Bernd
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 05:45 PM UTC
Hello Bernd and Happy New Year Sorry to hear about your problem. Avionix products are for the most without problems. I suggest contacting the about it and I'm sure they would send you a replacement cockpit.

Happy Modeling,
Joe
Leopard-2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 229 posts
AeroScale: 2 posts
Posted: Friday, January 01, 2010 - 02:06 AM UTC
Hi Joe,

thanks for your answer. Sounds like i was right about the quality. Do you have an email adress for me? I can't find Avionix on the internet and BlackBox doesn't exist anymore
 _GOTOTOP