_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
A crazy group build idea.
Mecenas
KitMaker: 1,596 posts
AeroScale: 1,275 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 03, 2010 - 07:55 PM UTC
Hi people,
I would like to ask about chances for a crazy modeling. My idea is to build a model by as many modelers as possible. Each modeler builds only one thing or some part of the model and then passes it to another modeler who builds another part and the model goes to next person. It would have to be some bigger airplane to give a chance for building to more than 3-4 people so I think about at least 48 scale: Mossie, Mitchel, Bf-110. I hope that the finished model would be a nice gift for some Museum, e.g. Hendon, Duxford, Saumur, Kbely... To save the money I think the model should be OOTB, maybe just with some aftermarket decals or masks if better than the original from the kit. Minus is that each modeler would have to pay for shipping, many times international. We could have to add to the box a map where we would mark our location and at the end draw a route of the model. What do you think? Is it possible to realize here?
jaypee
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,699 posts
AeroScale: 1,384 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 03, 2010 - 10:08 PM UTC
Have you seen the Worldwide Airfix Group Build on Hyperscale.
Unfortunately everything on hyperscale is done in such a way so
make searching well nigh impossible.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/578046/search?searchterm=WAGB&sort=match

This is about as good a search as you can do.

They are doing an article for Model Aircraft World.

Here is a link to the finished product. Note the folk involved on the plaque, 2nd pic.
Truly worldwide.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/578046/message/1257720083/Telford++SMW+2009

Crazy? Yes. but possible!
Mecenas
KitMaker: 1,596 posts
AeroScale: 1,275 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 03, 2010 - 10:56 PM UTC
Haven't seen it before, Aeroscale is my place and do not visit any other hostile forum,heheheh

Seem that the idea is not so fresh as I thought it maight be...anyway let's see what the other people say, maybe we will assemble some micro group of Aeroscalers.
jaypee
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,699 posts
AeroScale: 1,384 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 03, 2010 - 11:10 PM UTC
Hey Michael, I didn't want to rain on your parade. Just to mention it *can* be done.

"There are no new ideas. There are only new ways of making them felt." - Audre Lorde

Personally I think it is a great idea. As an the kind of thing that would give a bit of interest.

lucky lady II, First non stop round the world a b-50a/b-29d.
 _GOTOTOP