_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
WW! camo.
whiterook
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 263 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2003 - 02:44 PM UTC
Flyboys:
Can anybody steer me to a site that shows WW1 areoplane camo. To hit the nail on the head the camo. that looks like a diamond patch quilt patteren.

capnjock
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 860 posts
AeroScale: 75 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2003 - 03:13 PM UTC
If you are asking about thre German late war camo, the best reference I know of are the Datafiles by Albatros. Online I would start by looking at www.wwi-models.org Hopefully, you will find some direction there.
capnjock
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2003 - 06:32 PM UTC
Hi Whiterook

I guess you mean "lozenge" camouflage. This was a printed fabric used by the Germans and was maufactured in several varieties for topsides and undersurfaces. Contrasting "rib tapes" were laid across the pattern.

Sometimes, similar patterns were hand-painted, but the printed pattern is most common.

Several decal manufacterers produce lozenge patterns and rib tapes, and the sheets should include details of how to apply them accurately. Have a look at Pegasus Models - their site shows samples of the real thing.

Hope this helps

Rowan
airwarrior
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,085 posts
AeroScale: 217 posts
Posted: Monday, July 21, 2003 - 04:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Whiterook

I guess you mean "lozenge" camouflage. This was a printed fabric used by the Germans and was maufactured in several varieties for topsides and undersurfaces. Contrasting "rib tapes" were laid across the pattern.

Sometimes, similar patterns were hand-painted, but the printed pattern is most common.

Several decal manufacterers produce lozenge patterns and rib tapes, and the sheets should include details of how to apply them accurately. Have a look at Pegasus Models - their site shows samples of the real thing.

Hope this helps

Rowan

darn you beat me too it........and that is by far the best lozenge I have ever seen ,the dull color really brings out how this stuff is fabric.
 _GOTOTOP