_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Eduard news for 2010
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 11:06 PM UTC
We had to wait quite a while for the Eduard January newsletter, that is usually the announcement for the things to come ... as it is this time.

Some more greats stuff coming from the Czech manufacturer! I am not happy about how their PE line evolved containing much useless stuff and prices that are just ridiculuos, but in the kit range there is some great things to be released (hopefully).

Some leftovers from the past year with the Oeffag Albatros' kits. The new Fw190 series (looking forward to the JV 44 Ltd release) and finally there is the MiG-21!! Wahooo... sadly they start with the "MF, SMT, bis" but I hope (pleeeeeeeze) that the F series will be considered in the future ... and there is some more news, I like the idea of the lightening set (though it is not really a new idea). We'll see what price tag it will bear, but designing the kit for that option is very nice. Also a new 48 scale Bf109 shall be interesting, though the Tamiya kit is quite a benchmark.

Hellcats and Avias in 72 scale shall be welcomed too. There are some things postponed and a few nice KP limited editions (maybe Ciro's Su17/22 parts are finally seeing light?!) .....

but see for yourself: January Newsletter

all the best

Steffen
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 12:34 AM UTC
Hi Steffen

Thanks for the heads-up on these goodies!

The Fw 190D-11/13 should be great, and I really like the look of the Austro-Hungarian Albatros! A MiG 21 might even tempt me to build a jet - it's such a classic, and a new quarterscale Emil... well, it could be rather tasty.

All the best

Rowan
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 01:31 AM UTC
Hi Rowan

Well, the MiG-21 is the jet with the highest production number. And it has a number of quite colourful users. Starting with a Czech/Slovak special is understandable, but again a pretty bad move for guys like me who just have to have the kit before Christmas . I really like the idea of the lightening kit and when it is payable I will get that one too ... maybe Eduard will add a sond device, just for the un of it .. zoooom.

I am hoping for a MiG-21F and F-13 ... but that might be a bit optimistic ....

all the best

Steffen
P.S. any decision yet what you do on the first February weekend?
Emeritus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
AeroScale: 1,564 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 01:56 AM UTC
That Dora sure looks like a hard-to-resist impulse buy...

It must have been said countless times already, but I just can't remember, is up-coming MiG-21 line 1:72 or 1:48? Either way, I'll be one happy customer when they get to the BIS variant.
Wasn't there also talk about the F-13 variant as well? But with the nice Revell kit already out there, I can perfectly understand its omission.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 01:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

P.S. any decision yet what you do on the first February weekend?

Hi Steffen

Do you mean the Nürnberg Toy Fair? I'm afraid I just can't afford to make the journey. It's a shame - I'd have loved to meet up with you and Jean-Luc.

All the best

Rowan
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 02:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It must have been said countless times already, but I just can't remember, is up-coming MiG-21 line 1:72 or 1:48? Either way, I'll be one happy customer when they get to the BIS variant.
Wasn't there also talk about the F-13 variant as well? But with the nice Revell kit already out there, I can perfectly understand its omission.

Hi Eetu

When I am talking about a model without complaining that it is not 48 scale, you can be pretty sure that it is 48 scale ... also this is announced for over 2 years now, so I assumed everyone would know.

@Rowan: too bad!

cheers

Steffen
_H_Dori
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 295 posts
AeroScale: 276 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 02:45 AM UTC
Another expensive year then

Of course the D9 is a given and I have placed an order at the LHS for it a while ago but as for the JV44 edition...oh my! I wonder what it will be, a boxing of all four maybe??

I also look forward to the MIG 21 but I'd like to see some arabic schemes but I'm sure Eduard will pick some good ones out for us.

2010 could be great for modelling but not for the unbuilt stash.

Howard
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 03:19 AM UTC
Hi all,

Quoted Text

as for the JV44 edition...oh my! I wonder what it will be, a boxing of all four maybe??

All four? Or maybe two boxes "JV44 part 1" and "JV44 part 2"?

It seems as if the 1:48 scale Bf110G and 1:32 Scale Bf109E Royal Class boxes have disappeared though. I'm also surprised the Spitfire is postponed to 2011. I hope it's not a move to cancel it completely.

Jean-Luc
Emeritus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
AeroScale: 1,564 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 03:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hi Eetu

When I am talking about a model without complaining that it is not 48 scale, you can be pretty sure that it is 48 scale

Now how could I possibly miss that...
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 04:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi all,

It seems as if the 1:48 scale Bf110G and 1:32 Scale Bf109E Royal Class boxes have disappeared though. I'm also surprised the Spitfire is postponed to 2011. I hope it's not a move to cancel it completely.

Jean-Luc

Hi Jean-Luc

I am sure this is not the full schedule yet. Eduard seems to have planned for 2 or 3 news each month so there is enough space for re-editions and ltd. boxes. We shall see more in the catalogue leaflet ...

all the best

Steffen
_H_Dori
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 295 posts
AeroScale: 276 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 05:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

All four? Or maybe two boxes "JV44 part 1" and "JV44 part 2"?

That would also be a good idea, imagine if they did do a boxing of the three D9's and one D11! Although how much that would cost I dread to think!

Howard
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 05:20 AM UTC
Hi Steffen,

Quoted Text

We shall see more in the catalogue leaflet ...

Hopefully... but to be honest, there is already enough stuff in the list to keep you busy for one year (or more!) anyway...

Jean-Luc
 _GOTOTOP