_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft: Contests
A monthly online photo contest. Show your work!
Tri Cities contest at Bays Mountain Park
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 - 08:29 AM UTC
Just wanted to put some information out there about a contest which is being put together in Kingsport, TN, that is in the northeast corner of the state of Tennessee.

Bays Mountain Park is a large park owned by the city of Kingsport. For Funfest, a summer festival which draws people from the surrounding areas of Johnson City and Bristol, we are planning a model contest. This contest will be held at a time and date yet to be determined but we are interested in having good participation, will have a raffle which we are working on and hope to attract at least a few good vendors to the event.

Please stay tuned to Aeroscale for further information of this upcoming event in the summer of 2010! Thanks. Russell
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2010 - 12:02 PM UTC
Would any vendors be interested in setting up shop this summer for a day at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport, Tennessee?

There will be a small charge for an eight foot table, the amount yet to be determined. The advertising will be through the Funfest, the local festival which the show is taking place in, flyers distributed throughout the Tri-Cities region of Northeast Tennessee. Also, any local hobby outlets such as HobbyLobby will be approached for advertising as well.

Contact me on this site and I will get in touch with you about more details. Thanks, Russell.

P.S. I expect that any vendors will be from the immediate southeast United States area of course.
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2010 - 12:06 PM UTC
Also, any wholesalers that visit this site I am interested in obtaining some donations of kits, airbrushes, books, ect. to be given out at a raffle which will be held at the park during this contest. I will be reaching out to Tamiya, Hasegawa, Fujimi, Trumpeter, Revell, Testors and anyone else I can think of. Thanks in advance. Russell
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 - 10:04 AM UTC
An update on this contest. Things are starting to come together. We have a date for this show as Saturday July 17, 2010 at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport, Tennessee. We are going to set admission for entries at 5 dollars for the first model, 2 dollars for every other entry up to three more, for a total for one person of four entries into the model show.

We are going to have 1st, 2nd, 3rd for each of the categories and also honorable mention. There will be a junior category for models and a Best of Show award and Peoples Choice Award as well. Memberships to Bays Mountain Park and Planetarium will be given away with the Best of Show and Peoples Choice Awards also.

Any vendors interested in attending will be charged 50 dollars for an eight foot table to be set up near the show.

This will be the beginning of Funfest, a yearly festival of sorts that the city of Kingsport sponsors with all sorts of different activities for all ages. Admission to the park is free during this week or so of events, so we expect a good turn out for people for our show.

The raffle is being put together and we will be charging 2 dollars a ticket for each chance at winning what we hope will be some very nice prizes donated from model manufactures.

Stay tuned to Aeroscale for more information as if become available. Thanks, Russell.
 _GOTOTOP