_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
TV Tomcat
blaster76
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
AeroScale: 137 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2010 - 12:44 AM UTC
OK I'll admit it. I love the old TV show JAG. That's right Harmon Rabb Jr. is my hero. So, as I have an extra Tomcat kit laying around I got the idea to do his plane Why not? I've seen a few Oddballs Shemans in shows. So if anyone can tell me the sheet that would have these markings....

Oh I also have an extra Phantom B....if anyone caught the markings of his daddy's plane.

They show real aircraft with real markings when they show or depict him flying
padawan_82
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 817 posts
AeroScale: 112 posts
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2010 - 07:03 PM UTC
love JAG too Steve... though trying to find marking for harm's tomcat might prove tricky... in most episodes they use stock footage so the numbers change quite a bit on the aircraft... i think in one episode the numbers on his aircraft changed five times! lol plus finding markings for a U.S.S.Seahawk might prove a problem your best bet would be to do your own markings if you can. by choosing one set of markings from a certain episode and printing your own. also you'll have to choose what era of the show your depicting because Harm's original call sign was zapper, then they called him hammer after his dad. also you'll have to decide who's flying as his R.I.O. either Lt. Elizabeth 'Skates' Hawkes or Adm. Tom 'CAG' Boone. either way good luck, i'll look forward to see how you go on. Ant
blaster76
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
AeroScale: 137 posts
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2010 - 10:14 PM UTC
I'ld have to pick the CAG.....because he's the CAG. LOL I was hoping for a dominant squadron used in the footage. i notice the "Seahawk" seems to turn out to be either the Enterprise or the John Stennis most of the time
padawan_82
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 817 posts
AeroScale: 112 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 - 08:36 PM UTC
the CAG would be my choice too brilliant character. yeah the seahawk does seem to be the Enterprise most of the time judging by the big 65 on the flight deck... i think in one episode i actually saw the name Enterprise on one of the aircraft lol. i even loved it in season 8 after Bud had lost his leg and Mac brought him a model of the 'seahawk' which was definately a Tamiya model of the enterprise, just with the tamiya logo reworked slightly and the boxart tweaked to say u.s.s seahawk but like i said you'd be best to pic a colour scheme from one of the stills from a certain episode and then probably use enterprise markings then get the name u.s.s seahawk printed, might be an idea to go back to viewing some of the episodes to see which squadron harm was supposed to have flown in. like we need an excuse to watch more JAG good luck Steve and i'll look forward to seeing how your idea progresses. Ant
 _GOTOTOP