hasegawa hawker typhoon teardrop cockpit
stufer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 416 posts
AeroScale: 4 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 23, 2010 - 07:40 AM UTC
hello!
please be gentle,this is a rare foray into the world of aviation (being a certified shermaholic!)
thought i'd get the above kit and wondered if anyone can recommend an aftermarket cockpit set (if the kit really needs one)
TIA
steve
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2010 - 02:04 AM UTC
Hi Steve,
If you are talking about the 1/48 Scale kit then, IMHO, the cockpit dosen't need upgrading, apart from a set of seat belts. Eduard do pre-coloured belts, or you can easily make your own, using just etched buckles.

See Storm Warning

Tigerbait
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 347 posts
AeroScale: 179 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2010 - 04:19 AM UTC
I've built the hasegawa offering and have to agree with Mal. You may want to add some wiring in just to busy it up a bit but other than adding belts there is no need for the extra AM expence. Just my 2 pennies
treadstone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 83 posts
AeroScale: 31 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2010 - 10:24 AM UTC
If you still feel inclined to get an after market cockpit after reading the above, CMK makes one and so does Aries, though both of these are geared more toward the card door version of the Typhoon but can be used for the teardrop version. Also if you can find it on E-bay the Cutting edge Typhoon Cockpit is pretty dam awesome and has all the parts to make either the car door or tear drop version. Awesome choice of aircraft in my opinion.
Recce_Guy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 110 posts
AeroScale: 34 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2010 - 02:55 PM UTC
From my experience I would go for the ultracast seat. The cockpit is pretty good and just adding a seat is attractive and economical. They also have all sorts of goodies for the tyhpoon and all other airplanes.

Here is the link to the seat:
http://www.ultracast.ca/products/48/072/default.htm

Cam
stufer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 416 posts
AeroScale: 4 posts
Posted: Monday, January 25, 2010 - 07:39 AM UTC

thanks to everyone!
i've had a look at ultracast's typhoon goodies and am thinking of a late war tiffie (as long as SWMBO doesn't find out!)

thanks again chaps!

_GOTOTOP