_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
Hs-123A-1 Completed
Tin_Can
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,560 posts
AeroScale: 750 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 03:26 PM UTC
Here's the final product. Windscreen didn't turn out too good but I think the rest turned out ok. A full-build review should be posted by tomorrow with a full-build feature coming soon thereafter.

Critiques welcome.

SS-74
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 03:55 PM UTC
Tin,

This is an awesome build, very very nice. I see a little roughness on the yellow band, but it's entirely nit-picking on my part. The whole plane is great.

I love how the antenna is done. the underside if it was me would try add a little splash here and there. But to keep with in tone with the overall cleaniness of the plane, it's fine as is.

good build Tin.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 06:36 PM UTC
Hi Tin Can

Very nice! :-) I can't believe you've finished her so quickly! :-)

I agree with Dave, in that I'd probably weather things a little. Hs 123s must have taken a real beating in the primitive condtions on the eastern front. Beyond that, maybe "flatten" the tyres and dirty them up some :-) (from our earlier chat, you know my opinion of the kit wheels... HeHe :-))

I'm really looking forward the feature and reading how you overcame the fit problems you've mentioned in your posts... anyone building this will find your thoughts invaluable. :-)

Nice one!!

All the best

Rowan
penpen
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Hauts-de-Seine, France
KitMaker: 1,757 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 01:06 AM UTC
looking real good and very colorful !
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 07:44 AM UTC
:-) I'm impressed with the speed at which you have built this, Bryan, and with how good it looks. After building one myself I know what it takes. I just might build another with the unspatted undercarriage :-) Looking forward to the build review and feature
Mal
Part-timer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 361 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 08:34 AM UTC
Love it. Unusual and very well done. The only comment I have is regarding the wheels. Even if you choose to leave them unflattened, consider de-glossing them (i.e., flattenning them in the other sense). They seem very dark and glossy to me. Beyond that, fantastic job!
 _GOTOTOP