_GOTOBOTTOM
Cold War (1950-1974)
Discuss the aircraft modeling subjects during the Cold War period.
Hosted by Tim Hatton
North American F-82
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 - 03:24 PM UTC
Here are some shots of my Revell History Makers series North American F-82G Twin Mustang. I added some details from the last time I posted it here, such as USAF added to the wings and some nose art I borrowed from a P-51B.

The kit was okay, the decals were, well, okay. I cobbled the markings together from three decal sheets. All were Twin Mustangs. One kit was the Revell of Germany F-82, the other was the Hobbycraft F-82, whose decals were virtually useless, finally the decals which came with the kit the History Makers F-82. Only one U.S. Air Force was dark enough, or opaque enough to be read against the black background of the tails.

I wish, I wish manufactures would spend as much time on the decals as they do the kits. Anyway thought I would show it off with hopefully my improving photographic skills as well. Enjoy. Russell

P.S. The silvering was bad enough on the USAF on the top and bottom of the wings that I actually took a little black paint and painted out, as best I could some of that problem. Didn't seem to matter how much gloss I put on the kit either. Oh well.

ShawnM
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 564 posts
AeroScale: 510 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2010 - 05:03 AM UTC
i love these aircraft, wish there was a good 1/32 scale kit. Good work despite the deal issue, some of them just dont play fair.
 _GOTOTOP