_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Vacuform Projects
gajouette
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 365 posts
AeroScale: 356 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2010 - 05:29 AM UTC
Here's a few of my older vacuform projects.Both these first two are currently on display as part of the WWI exhibit at the Mississippi Armed Forces Museum.

Nieuport 28: 1/48 scale Lone Star Kit.

Breguet 14B : Manufacturer unknown from Canada ordered from a Fine Scale Modeler add.1/48 Scale

SPAD SA-4: Sierra 1/48 scale.In the markings of a Imperial Russan Air Service with scratch built skis.

That's all for now.Thanks for taking the time to look.
Regards,
Gregory Jouette

For those who are interest in the MAF Museume model diplays here's a link to my album.All models shown are mine with the exception of the Battleship Mississippi,which is an original builder's model built of the U.S.Navy.

http://s514.photobucket.com/albums/t342/GJouette/Mississippi%20Armed%20Forces%20Museum/
Mgunns
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,423 posts
AeroScale: 1,319 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2010 - 07:14 AM UTC
How would you like to have been the gunner on the SPAD? If you leaned back to far or forgot for a moment and pointed behind you, ........zip......there goes a body part! What brave men to not only put themselves in Harm's Way, but to put themselves in such an unsafe environment on their way to Harms Way!
gajouette
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2010 - 07:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

How would you like to have been the gunner on the SPAD? If you leaned back to far or forgot for a moment and pointed behind you, ........zip......there goes a body part! What brave men to not only put themselves in Harm's Way, but to put themselves in such an unsafe environment on their way to Harms Way!

LOL Nose overs must have been a real pain in the
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2010 - 01:32 PM UTC
Very nice builds . Have a few vac kit's in the stash waiting to be build and one on the work bench now .

No way in hell would you see me sitting up front like that !
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2010 - 03:09 PM UTC
Thanks for posting these Gregory. There was a time when vacuforms were the only game in town for many scale kit WWI aviation subjects.
gajouette
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2010 - 04:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks for posting these Gregory. There was a time when vacuforms were the only game in town for many scale kit WWI aviation subjects.

Stephen,
That's exactly what got me into building vacuform kits way back when.I'd already gone the Aurora line and the Hawk line as well.They most certainly the only game in town after those kits.
Regards,
Gregory Jouette
gajouette
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, February 01, 2010 - 06:01 AM UTC
Forgot One.
Koster's Sopwith Tripe in 1/48 scale.

Thanks for looking,it's time to head back to work bench and build.
Regards,
Gregory Jouette
Mgunns
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,423 posts
AeroScale: 1,319 posts
Posted: Monday, February 01, 2010 - 07:10 AM UTC
Great job on the Sopwith Tripe. I have a couple of the Aurora kits I have ideas for. I did build one of the K&B offereings, it is in one of my albums. I guess the wings are wrong on the Aurora kit, and by the looks of yours, I can see where the problem lies.
Here are a couple of mine.

Not the greatest pics, but you get the idea. As Stephen alluded to, a pilot figure can really fill the void in the cockpit area.
Dwaynewilly
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
AeroScale: 344 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 - 05:30 AM UTC
Gregory,

Outstanding work on these vacuforms, top shelf indeed!

Regards, Dwayne
 _GOTOTOP