_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Eduard 1/48 Lavochkin La-7 weekend edition
UNITEDSTATESNAVY
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 243 posts
AeroScale: 150 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 30, 2010 - 09:01 AM UTC
I am having doubts about the topside color of this aircraft.instructions state "stainless" so I ordered Alcad II stainless steel paint, what was the finish on the original Dolgushin "white 93" plane? I have all other colors ready with mr color light blue and red.I have alcad aluminium for the exaust plate. All finished models I see do not have stainless BMF on top?
Emeritus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
AeroScale: 1,564 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 30, 2010 - 11:35 AM UTC
I presume this is the marking option provided in the kit you have? 'White 93', piloted by Lt.Col. S.F. Dolgushin.

could there be a typo in your sample? That PDF is pretty clear: panels behind exhausts & cowling bands - steel, topside colour - AMT 11.

I'm no expert on the subject, but I don't recall seeing any models of La-7s with bare-metal finishes either.

UNITEDSTATESNAVY
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Idaho, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 30, 2010 - 01:32 PM UTC
the PDF you have linked me to is excellent info and solves my problem, my paint references on enclosed instructions are vague...very vague.and nothing like what you have linked me to, is it off the eduard site?
Emeritus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
AeroScale: 1,564 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 30, 2010 - 01:43 PM UTC
You're welcome. Oh yes, that's from Eduard's site, here's the product page for that particular kit: -Click-

Ps. Wasn't the sole marking option provided with most (if not all?) of Eduard's weekend kits just printed as the box art, and not a part of the instruction sheet?
UNITEDSTATESNAVY
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Idaho, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 30, 2010 - 01:53 PM UTC
the cover art on the box and paint references on box are vague...at least to me I had no idea the instruction sheet was online maybe this particular item I have is lacking, it indicates "stainless" and "aluminium" however difficult to link to box cover art......maybe I am dense
 _GOTOTOP