_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Need USAAF decals from Academy 1/72 ME262 kit
modlbldralex
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 32 posts
AeroScale: 19 posts
Posted: Monday, February 01, 2010 - 03:44 PM UTC
Salutations!

I'm looking for USAAF decals from Academy 1/72 ME262 kit.

All assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa88/modlbldralex/ME262/academy_me262-decals.jpg
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Monday, February 01, 2010 - 04:19 PM UTC
Alex, I just finished that kit in 1/72 scale of course, from Academy, I have not used the USAAF decals. Would you like to have them? Russell

P.S. Did you just need the American markings?

P.S.S. Here is the finished product, if your curious.

modlbldralex
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
Posted: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 - 12:24 AM UTC
Hi Russell,

That's fantastic news! Yes, I was just looking for USAFF decals, but if you're not going to use the remainder of the decal sheet, I'll take all of it, and if possible would like decal placement instruction sheet. If it's easier, you can scan the instruction sheet and post it.

Tell me about the kit. Was it a good build. It turns out to be a beautiful model. Excellent job by the way.

Thanks,
Alex
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 - 01:47 PM UTC
Hello Alex. I got your message, will be happy to send you the whole decal sheet that I have left. Yours for the taking. I guess something happened to yours? Also, I will send along the decal placement sheet as well, I think it is a single piece of paper. Or I may make a copy of it and send you that.

The kit went together well, except the fit of the wings to the fuselage wasn't as good as I liked. It was very tight indeed. Close tolerances I think is the word to use. You have to be a little careful on that point. Otherwise, put some lead in the nose and you are ready to go. She is a nice little kit and Academy has improved the decals so they are at least useable.

I will mail out your decals in a day or two at the most. Hope this helps. Russell
modlbldralex
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
Posted: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 - 03:20 PM UTC
Hi Russell,

Many thanks for your assistance. Can I help w/ any 1/72 decals you may be looking for? Let me know.

Thanks again,
Alex
 _GOTOTOP