_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Blue Max 1:48 / Pegasus 1:72
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 04, 2010 - 01:30 AM UTC
The news came in Sept 2008 that Chris Gannon's companies Blue Max, Pegasus and Silver Cloud models were being sold to Freightdog. There is probably no chance we will see all of these short run kits again. So I propose this thread be for recording the contents of these kits.

First the Halberstadt CL.II kit #202

thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 04, 2010 - 01:58 AM UTC
I have this kit in the stash along with a the Vickers Gun Bus , Roland C.II , Roland D.VIb , Airco DH-2 , Sopwith Camel , Albatros Offag and just pick up the Pfalz D.IIIa , Sopwith Snipe and the LVG and have the Albatros W-4 by Pegasus . As much as folks seem to dis these kit's do to other manufactures and new release by some of these aircraft , still some are the only game in town such as the Snipe and Gun Bus in 48 scale . I love these kit's ! yes they do take some skill to build them , but they are just that " builder kit's "

However , I'm understanding that Freightdog has already re-release some of these already in the Pegasus line as well as the Bluemax with the Sopwith Dolpin and the Macchi M-5 is to be released some time in late March with resin and PE parts . It has been listed in International Scale Modeler and on Freightdogs web site . If this is true i lookk forward to them and new releases to come
mbittner
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 191 posts
AeroScale: 171 posts
Posted: Friday, February 05, 2010 - 03:26 AM UTC
Silly me sold off the Pegasus Handriot HD.1, when there was news Eduard was going to release it in 1/72. Sure wish I wouldn't have, now. Hopefully Freightdog will re-release this one .

I have most of the other Pegasus WW1 kits. It was a great line while it lasted.
Repainted
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,058 posts
AeroScale: 1,004 posts
Posted: Friday, February 05, 2010 - 04:42 AM UTC
This is a fun thread Stephen, I did not get those in 1:72 scale. In 1:48 scale u can still get them, overpriced????Yep, but they are just Gems

Larsa

Kalt
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Mendoza, Argentina
KitMaker: 222 posts
AeroScale: 219 posts
Posted: Friday, February 05, 2010 - 07:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

This is a fun thread Stephen, I did not get thoose ones in 72-scale. In 48-scale u can still get them, overprized????Yep, but they are just Gems

Larsa

I agree with you Lars, I recently discovered that my old Blue Max Bristol fighter with the Sunbeam Arab engine is considerably more accurate than the Roden offering...
FigureMad
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 118 posts
AeroScale: 89 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 07, 2010 - 07:53 AM UTC
Hi Guys

I am not really up on what is a great kit or a bad kit, but having seen this thread a day or so ago, I remembered it when I happened across a pile of the 1/48 scale kits at a show today, the guy who has them has them up for £21 (GBP), he also has them listed on his website......

www.freightdogmodels.co.uk

Dave
budpearson
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 16 posts
AeroScale: 15 posts
Posted: Monday, February 08, 2010 - 02:44 PM UTC
I recently completed Blue Max's Oeffag D.III and it was one the most rewarding builds I've done to date. The fit was excellent, so it went together fairly easily. It was by no means bare bones, yet it was a wonderful platform for super detailing. Freightdog still has quite a few of these great kits. The Dolphin is still available sans resin and pe and it looks like it will be fun as well. Get that kit, Terri. You'll love it.
Cheers,
Bud
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Monday, February 08, 2010 - 03:56 PM UTC
Thanks Bub . I have already built the kit , needs to be repair though . I knock it off the shelf will dusting one day . I did have a hell of a time with the decals though if I recall .
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Monday, February 08, 2010 - 06:26 PM UTC
Hi Stephen,

I have several of these kits, including the Phonix which I started photographing while building. I'll try to find them and put them here.

Hey, I need the Roland D.III (D.IV?), anyone have it??

The Halberstadt D.2, a later release--anyone have it?

_GOTOTOP