Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Question re Roc/Skua wing fold
buggalugs
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 135 posts
AeroScale: 115 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2010 - 08:35 AM UTC
Hi all, looking towards my next build, I'm thinking of having a go at Special Hobby's 1/48 Roc, and am toying with the idea of doing it as the floatplane version, with folded wings.

I have the CMK floatplane conversion for the Tamiya Swordfish, which will provide me with the essentials for the floatplane conversion (although I'll need to reprofile the floats a little, and largely scratchbuild the struts, dolly etc).

The real challenge, however, will be the wingfold. While Special Hobby provide the wings broken at the correct place, all detail would need to be scratchbuilt. And photos of this detail seem to be pretty scarce - I've trawled the web and come up with just a few grainy photos. While I'm guessing Mushroom's book on the Skua and Roc might have some references - and I'll buy this shortly - I would be grateful if anyone has any other Skua/Roc wingfold pics they would be willing to share, or at least point me towards.

Thanks! Brad
ludwig113
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
AeroScale: 1,110 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2010 - 08:36 AM UTC
hi,not sure when your going to start this but were having a "folded" campaign soon.

https://aeroscale.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Campaigns&file=index&req=showcontent&id=390

if you want to start in april it would be good to have you in the group build.

paul
buggalugs
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 135 posts
AeroScale: 115 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 - 11:44 PM UTC
Thanks Paul, that sounds like a great campaign. Not sure if I'll buy in though - I think I'm going to chicken out and do the Roc with extended wings (though still on floats). Should still look unusual enough...I'll be following that campaign with interest as well!

cheers Brad
ludwig113
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
AeroScale: 1,110 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 05:09 AM UTC
no problem,we're always there if you change your mind.

paul
 _GOTOTOP