_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
F-18 Kit worth building
bakedearth
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 97 posts
AeroScale: 12 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 06:35 PM UTC
Now, I know that Hasagawa make some great kits. But the F/A-18 Hornet 'NATC' kit ... um ... can go fly a kite! The fit is terrible! I am building this kit for a friend of my dad's who is in love with the CF-18 (Yep were Canadian) and yes I have the after market decals. After spending about 6 hours on this kit I have decided that it is not good enough to gift to a friend. So I could not think of a better place to ask for input on what kit fits the best in 1/72 scale. Your help is much appreciated. Thanks for your time.
james84
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Roma, Italy
KitMaker: 1,368 posts
AeroScale: 377 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 09:31 PM UTC
The Academy 1/72 kit seems to be quite better in terms of fit and detail than Hasegawa's, and there is a box dedicated to non-US Hornets!
bakedearth
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 - 03:03 AM UTC
My buddy showed me that kit online. Looks good, just may be hard to find at a hobby shop now. Thanks for your response though.
james84
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Roma, Italy
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 - 04:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

My buddy showed me that kit online. Looks good, just may be hard to find at a hobby shop now. Thanks for your response though.

You're welcome!
If you look online you could easily find it, but I don't know if you have a deadline...
bakedearth
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 - 11:44 AM UTC
ended up finding that kit and picking her up. thanks Giacomo and all who read. wish me some luck on this one.
tmeyer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 101 posts
AeroScale: 79 posts
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 - 12:27 PM UTC
The Academy kit looks really nice, Trevor, although I haven't built it yet. Let us know how it works! Good luck on the build, too. May you have invisible seams and may the kit fall together in the best Tamigawa fashion (unlike the Hasegawa bird).

Tom
james84
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Roma, Italy
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 - 10:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

ended up finding that kit and picking her up. thanks Giacomo and all who read. wish me some luck on this one.

Oh, you're welcome! And good luck!
I hope to see some photos soon!
 _GOTOTOP