_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
NEWS
Testors Classic Kits return
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 - 10:37 AM UTC

Testors have announced the re-release of many of their most popular models, along with a new finishing kit of paints, brushes and cement.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2010 - 11:58 AM UTC
Excellent! These are oldies but goodies. The are inexpensive enough to try any thing with out fear of fouling up a huge investment.

Here is a modified Testors / ex-Hawk 1:48 Nieuport 17 in markings from the French Esc. 94. Grim Reaper decals were Glencoe items modified.

Built in 1992 I added rigging, new resin Vickers machine gun with Eduard PE, scratchbuilt Lewis gun, scratchbuilt cockpit with "Fotocut" PE details . scratchbuilt landing gear legs and a new resin LeRhône rotary. For having been first released in the 1950's by Hawk it is great to see the old girl strutting her stuff again!
acktwice
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 51 posts
AeroScale: 50 posts
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2010 - 01:53 PM UTC
I really enjoy the testors kits. In the past I have used them to experiment with. Being inexpensive I have built some of them with a devil may care attitude and ended up with some really nice end products.Just thinking about what I want to try next with a testor kit and my trusty old airbrush is gearing my creative side up.I know what I will be doing on a free weekend.
 _GOTOTOP