_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
RAF FE-8
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2010 - 02:09 PM UTC
With some builds coming close to end minus the Pfalz D.III . It is time to start planing the next build .

The kit I will be useing for this one is Lone Star Models vac kit . Gregory was able to help with some info , but I'm still lacking certain info for the project . What I'm looking for is how the tail booms are attached to the tail plane and some better pic's of how the rudder was fixed in place . It will be some time before I do start . I just need more ref's . If any one is able to help out that would be most welcome .
gajouette
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 365 posts
AeroScale: 356 posts
Posted: Monday, March 01, 2010 - 05:59 AM UTC
Terri,
I will be sending you some additional information for your FE.8 project dealing with the attachment of the tail booms to the tail plane.I'm looking now for better information on the fixing of the rudder for you as well.From what I can tell from the photos the booms appear to be attached by some sort of simple bracket.Anyway check you home e-mail box.Please feel free to contact me at my e-mail,we may be able to make arrangements to loan you my Datafile #74.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 02, 2010 - 02:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Terri,
I will be sending you some additional information for your FE.8 project dealing with the attachment of the tail booms to the tail plane.I'm looking now for better information on the fixing of the rudder for you as well.From what I can tell from the photos the booms appear to be attached by some sort of simple bracket.Anyway check you home e-mail box.Please feel free to contact me at my e-mail,we may be able to make arrangements to loan you my Datafile #74.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette

Thanks Gregory ! Will send you an E-mail later on ............
 _GOTOTOP