_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
A1 Skyraider - 1/48 Tamiya Seeking Napalm
jlmurc
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,267 posts
AeroScale: 49 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 - 01:23 PM UTC
Hoping all are having a great weekend,

I am currently working on the Tamiya A1H, but using the now defunct KMC update sets to convert the aircraft to a USAF Sandy from the Vietnam War. All is progressing well in the cockpit, except that the Stanley Yankee Escape System seat, has a number of sinkmarks, that have shown up, during painting. The holes tiny though they are have now shown up in the miniscule gap between the Shoulder harness parts, so a little more work is required.

Can anybody suggest where one can buy a couple of suitable napalm tanks, as none of these are supplied in amongst the excellent selection of bombs, rockets and gun packs. I am slightly surprised at this as you always see the Sandy's dropping napalm.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Regards,

John
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
AeroScale: 836 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 - 02:10 PM UTC
If you can find the old ESCI 1/48 scale aircraft weapons set, it contained a few napalm tanks.
I think it's been reissued a few times by either Revell or Italeri.
dioman13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
AeroScale: 54 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 18, 2010 - 06:38 AM UTC
If I can find them I have two from the tweety I'm not using. P.M. add. and will send to you. Freebees of course.
jlmurc
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,267 posts
AeroScale: 49 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 18, 2010 - 11:52 AM UTC
Dave,

Thanks for your thoughts, I am going to keep my fingers crossed and accept the very kind offer from Bob, aka dioman13, to look out a couple of spares that he might be able to lay fingers on, otherwise it is look for one of the sets that you mention.

The quality of KMC updates are excellent, which surprises me about the problems with the Yankee Seat, that are a bit of a nightmare to sort out, having that they have only come to light now that I have started painting.

Aye,

John
 _GOTOTOP