_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Meteor F3 cockpit
KiwiDave
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wellington, New Zealand
KitMaker: 248 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, August 01, 2003 - 11:32 AM UTC
The decision regarding what I build next was settled by my wife giving me a Tamiya F3 for our anniversary.

On opening the box first reaction was, "geez its big,' followed by, "where are all the parts?"

I have managed to accumulate quite a lot of reference material but have yet to find any cockpit photos/drawings. Can anyone help?

Regards Dave
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Monday, August 11, 2003 - 07:25 AM UTC
Hi Dave

Sorry I missed your post - I've just got back from the Isle of Wight - no motorbikes to speak of , but plenty of other attractions...

Sounds like you've hit the same problem I did when I looked for Meteor cockpit references! Basically, there aren't many about. Alan Hall happened to be in Hannants the day I asked if there were any decent Meatbox references... he told me to buy his book - to which I replied "I would, if you had some cockpit photos"...

Anyway, I was about to give up when I finally found the official Pilots' Notes. The following pics give some idea of just how pathetic the Tamiya cockpit is...

My Meteor is still on the "build me one day" shelf so, if you find any more refs, please let me know. :-)

Hope this helps

All the best

Rowan
KiwiDave
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wellington, New Zealand
KitMaker: 248 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, August 11, 2003 - 08:45 AM UTC
Thanks Porky.

Interesting to ponder on the fact that there is so little info available on the Meatbox.

It was the FIRST operational allied jet.

It was the ONLY allied jet to see service in WW2.

How hard would it be to find info on it if it had swasticas on the side or had been made in America?

Regards Dave :-)
 _GOTOTOP