_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
decal solvent question
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 537 posts
AeroScale: 437 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 03, 2003 - 12:46 PM UTC
I have a quick question for you guys.
I am building a Hasegawa Stuka which has some decals on the inside of the cockpit.
I don't see anywhere on the lable of my decal solvent to tell me so I was hoping that someone could tell me if it is safe to use decal solvent on clear parts or not.
Thanks in advance for you help,
Wayne
modelcitizen62
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 326 posts
AeroScale: 273 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 03, 2003 - 01:25 PM UTC
Don't worry - decal solvent's not a problem on clear styrene . . . . . . unless you've been using acetone or methyl ethyl ketone for decal solvent and not telling anyone LOL.

Have fun!!
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,941 posts
AeroScale: 1,040 posts
Posted: Monday, August 04, 2003 - 06:17 AM UTC
I built a Ju87 from Hasegawa also, and for those internal frames I used thin stripes of Scotch Magic Tape painted in black. I found them very easy to place and move them to the right position.
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 537 posts
AeroScale: 437 posts
Posted: Monday, August 04, 2003 - 10:14 AM UTC
Thanks guys I appreciate the help.
I really like the idea of using the painted scotch tape too.
I will definately remember that one on my next project.

Wayne
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 04:44 AM UTC
:-) I've built, almost, the Hasegawa Ju 87 but was stuck on those internal frames. They should show the colour RLM 02 on both the inside and outside but don't. If you apply them they will show white to the outside (I think) I have tried many methods to overcome the problem. I finally settled on very small square section sprue. It wasn't easy because I had to avoid getting glue on the clear parts. My solution was to use white glue, but just at the ends, where it would be hidden. This worked great for the centre section but they were to thick for the sliding section which I want to display open.
csch, thanks for, what I believe will be the solution to the problem. I don't understand why I never though of using scotch tape #:-) but I didn't. I will be painting some this afternoon. Hopefully I will therefor be posting pics soon, cheers
Mal
 _GOTOTOP