_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
NEWS
1:32 Fw 190A from PCM
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 07:01 AM UTC

Pacific Coast Models have released content shots of their upcoming largescale early-models Fw 190A.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
litespeed
Staff MemberNews Reporter
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,976 posts
AeroScale: 1,789 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 07:25 AM UTC
Hi Rowan
Looks good, although I am not sure about the one piece tail wheel in this scale. The resin undercarriage bay looks fantastic.
tim
hworth18
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 426 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 02:59 PM UTC
Looks ok, I am curious to see what it looks like built. One thing I am wondering about is the main wing ailerons. The upper surface is straight and the lower surface is angled? This may be right, but is sure looks weird to me.
Emeritus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
AeroScale: 1,564 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 09:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks ok, I am curious to see what it looks like built. One thing I am wondering about is the main wing ailerons. The upper surface is straight and the lower surface is angled? This may be right, but is sure looks weird to me.

You're right, it's supposed to be that way, the aileron line is curved on the bottom side, with the top side aileron having only a very slight curve. ...That being based on the scale drawings on the Aero Detail book, and on the assumption that the ailerons on A-3 were similar to the variants before that (as A-3 is the earliest there's top and bottom drawings of in the book)

Even though it's not my usual scale, I'll have to second the opinions already poste; it does look interesting.
I was almost going to mention the need for the modeler to fill the cooling slots for the A-1 all by themselves, but it looks like there are plugs provided in the kit. Much better this way round than having to cut open a non-slotted fuselage.

Now is it just me or are there two different types of supercharger intake duct covers provided? (those drop-shaped bulges right under the tailwheel and landing gear retraction struts) Could there be an A-0 kit coming as well? At least the Aero Detail book says the duct covers were of different style on the A-0.

Btw, anyone else find the box art (even though very nice) somewhat peculiar? Later model tail antenna mast coupled with a fuselage machine gun cover suggesting MG 131s.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 09:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Btw, anyone else find the box art (even though very nice) somewhat peculiar? Later model tail antenna mast coupled with a fuselage machine gun cover suggesting MG 131s.

Hi Eetu

Yes, it's a real shame - when I queried PCM about the artwork, it seems that this was only noticed after the boxes had been printed.

All the best

Rowan
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
AeroScale: 1,198 posts
Posted: Friday, May 07, 2010 - 11:03 AM UTC
Nice. If I didn't already have a bloody fortune invested in the Adolf Galland Hasegawa 1/32nd A-6, I'd bite.
 _GOTOTOP