Modern aircraft of the United States.
F-105 Going Downtown
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
AeroScale: 1,164 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 16, 2010 - 09:10 AM UTC
I started this little guy a couple weeks back and used it as part of my SBS for post shading. I put the wraps on it about 30 minutes ago and thought I would share here. It is the old Monogram kit in 1/72 built entirely OOB. The nose gear was busted up enough that it could be not be salvaged so I built it wheels up with the intention of putting it on a stick. That idea morphed into what you see now. I had some clear acrylic rod left over from a previous project that fit like a glove into some 1/4" styrene tubing. I ran the tubing into the rear half of the fuslage and glued it into the afterburner can for a nice secure mounting point. It fits snug enough that the plane will maintain whatever attitude I place it in and stay there. The map of Vietnam is an image I found online and printed on photo stock. The base came from my scraps bin and was painted gloss black. While it won't win any contests, it sure looks good in the display case. The markings are of a plane assigned to George AFB in California, right where I grew up. Once I saw those I had to build that particular plane. As a bonus it came with Hanoi Hustler and 3 kill marks on the fuselage to help tie it to the Vietnam theme going on. Hope you all like it. Enjoy, comments welcome. "Q"

Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 16, 2010 - 10:10 AM UTC
Matthew, you continue to pump out great looking models! I really like your 105! It is in the Wild Weasel configuration correct? Maybe you said, not sure. Again, great work! Russell
litespeed
Staff MemberNews Reporter
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,976 posts
AeroScale: 1,789 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 16, 2010 - 11:07 AM UTC
Hi Matthew
Your F-105 looks absolutely stunning. The weathering is very nicely done. Great idea with the stand. I really must get myself a F-105, never done one before.
tim
Keeperofsouls2099
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 2,798 posts
AeroScale: 2,443 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 16, 2010 - 11:48 AM UTC
The weathering looks really good good job.

Build On,
Justin
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, May 16, 2010 - 04:43 PM UTC
Thanks for the kind words guys, much appreciated. The weapons load out is an AGM-78 Standard ARM, and 2 Shrikes. I don't know whether that is the WW config or not. I just built what was in the box. I did find out my missile rail for my Standard ARM was on backwards though I have since fixed that problem. I have another such display in mind for some 1/72 scale kits I picked up yesterday. These next ones will have a bit more flare to them though. Thanks again for the kind words and for looking. "Q"
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 16, 2010 - 06:17 PM UTC
Hi Matt,

An awesome model of my favorite Century Series jet!
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2010 - 07:56 AM UTC
Thanks for all the kind words Fredrick. Glad you like it. The Thud is one of my all time favorites. I'm currently working on a 1/48 scale Monogram offering of one now in between some other projects. This particular one will be a bit more detailed once completed. I'll post some pics in another thread sson. Stay tuned! Thanks again for the kind words. Much appreciated. "Q"
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
AeroScale: 1,080 posts
Posted: Monday, May 24, 2010 - 06:16 AM UTC
Ok, now you're just rubbing it in.
Beautiful thud!

Hermon
 _GOTOTOP