Modern aircraft of the United States.
1/144 Dragon 117A Nighthawk Fighters
Dirkpitt289
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 346 posts
AeroScale: 307 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 07:46 AM UTC
This is a quick little build. There isn't much to these but aside from the decals its a fun build.

If anyone had seen my 1/144 Jolly Rogers build you might remember my comments about the kit supplied pilots. Well Dragon out did themselves on this one. These pilots have no heads. That's right no heads!!!!

Assembled

First cote of paint applied

The big decal was ugly going on. For one its too big for the model. Once I got it in place I tried to trim off the excess with disastrous results. Then one of the wheel well door decals went on fine but it floated out of position after I set it down. I didn't notice it till it was dry. ugh

What I should have done was apply the star field portion of the decal and then paint on the red and white stripes.

md72
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 4,950 posts
AeroScale: 3,192 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 08:12 AM UTC
Do these have real cockpits or is the pilot, seat and office one molded part?
Dirkpitt289
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 346 posts
AeroScale: 307 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 06:23 AM UTC
One molded part and the pilot is Echabod Craine. In other words the pilots are headless. Go figure.
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
AeroScale: 1,164 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 12, 2010 - 03:51 AM UTC
Sorry to hear about the decal problems Dirk. When I run into decals that are too large, I leave them in place and let them dry. Once dry, a few passes along the edges where the excess material is hanging over with a sanding stick removes it easily. Hope that helps for future builds. They look pretty good for having pilots with no heads.. lol. "Q"
 _GOTOTOP