_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
Antonov AN-124
The-Mechanic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 103 posts
AeroScale: 46 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 13, 2010 - 08:31 AM UTC
Here's another for now. It was built as part of a club project a couple of years ago now. The kit is the Revell 1/144th built "OOB", with over 700 individual decals on it.

NickZour
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 1,437 posts
AeroScale: 1,241 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 13, 2010 - 09:15 AM UTC
Wow, it's awesome!!

Cheers Nick
litespeed
Staff MemberNews Reporter
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,976 posts
AeroScale: 1,789 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 13, 2010 - 09:16 AM UTC
Hi Mick
Excellent build of this very large aircraft. I saw this beastie a few weeks ago parked on the apron at Toulouse airport. It is really clever design the way the front end drops to allow the aircraft to be loaded. I have seen the model at my localhobby store and thought about buying it. How was the build? The panel lines are very nicely done. Did you apply every decal, 700 sounds a ridiculously high decal count! Sorry lots of questions.
Thanks for posting.
tim
The-Mechanic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 103 posts
AeroScale: 46 posts
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2010 - 08:41 AM UTC
Yes, this is a big model even in this scale. It measure 55cm by 47cm when built, so nearly double it for 1/72nd scale. All the decals were added, the main wings had about 256 on each one, more details are on my website about it.

As to building it, Revell made a couple of mistakes on it. If you want the nose closed, the fuselage is wider then the nose section so some major surgery needs to be done for it to fit. On this livery scheme, the sections of blue strip decal along the side are not long enough to do the whole length.

Otherwise, it's not a bad model when built. Myself, I painted and added the decals to the main wings when they were separate from the fuselage and glued them in place at the end. So go and get one, adding all those decals is good therapy for you, or you'll need it afterwards.
 _GOTOTOP