_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Where are you?
mtnflyer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 394 posts
AeroScale: 360 posts
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 - 03:27 PM UTC
I was born before computers.
When I was young, we played in the sand, inventing the games as we went along. We would take end pieces of 2x4, nail them together to form a truck, and make our own roads in the sand. It was the beginning of life long modeling.

I've fought in two wars.

Now, I'm old. I've worked hard to support my family with not much modeling in between.

Contrary to popular belief, modeling is not for the young. It's for everyone. It's a way to express ourselves when all you've ever seen is destruction.

I'm a new, old modeler. Have you heard that before. My model collection so far consists of one. A Mustang not very well built, but, good enough that I'm happy to add it to my collection of one. I'm even going to get a ribbon, because it was a campaign Mustang. I'm happy.

I'm proud to be a modeler. I struggle with my eye sight and with my grand daughter, who wants to be a modeler like me.

I'm sitting in front of a computer, it's raining and storming outside, my grand-daughter sleeps. Now is the time to glue some parts together.

I would like to live long enough, where I could build a nice WWI airplane, with rigging and all the fancy stuff. Much like Stephan or Terry. Perhaps one day!

My collection:

Where are you? Guy

Keeperofsouls2099
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 2,798 posts
AeroScale: 2,443 posts
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 - 03:45 PM UTC
Looks ilk a good job to me you should be proud and thanks for serving sir with out soilders like you we wouldnt have our freedoms today
jphillips
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
AeroScale: 214 posts
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 - 05:02 PM UTC
That's a very nice looking Canadian Mustang. Welcome to the hobby. My dad was a WW2 vet. Thank you for the service you performed, in defense of freedom.
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 - 05:49 PM UTC
Congratulations Guy on a great build. I have some Canadian blood coursing through my veins. It's good to see the maple leaf proudly displayed. My grandfather would be proud; he was from New Brunswick! Again, great work. Don't worry about the eyes, I'm 43 and am starting to have trouble already too! Russell
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 - 04:02 AM UTC
Congrats on a nicely built model Guy , one you can be proud of ! Excellent choice on the markings ! She wears the maple leaf with pride Looking forward to seeing how your build for the campaign turns out . The B model is my favorite for the mustangs . You will get to that WW1 build and if you need help , just ask !
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 - 03:04 AM UTC
Model On Please!
 _GOTOTOP