_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Airfix 1:72 Handley Page 0/400
warreni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
AeroScale: 2,201 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 03, 2010 - 11:46 PM UTC
Greetings fellow Modellers.

WHile sitting watching the Rugby League on a Sunday afternoon I like to get kits out of my tiny stash and peruse the contents of the boxes looking for inspiration for my next build. I got my usual 6 or 7 kits out this afternoon, one of which was a very early boxing of a 0/400 from Airfix. I opened the box and found to my horror that the instruction have taken a leave of absence from the box. I have had the kit for many years and have no idea where they have gone.

My question to you all is would anyone out there in Aeroscale land have a copy of the instructions I can obtain? A scan of them would be fantastic. Then all I would have to find would be some decals which have also disappeared..

Thanks in advance...

Warren
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
AeroScale: 3,756 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 03, 2010 - 11:51 PM UTC
No Warren, nobody has those instructions or decals. You will now have to open and inspect EVERY kit in your stash as I'm sure you have just put them in the wrong box !! That's punishment for watching the WRONG CODE. If you watched AFL this sort of caper would never happen.
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 04, 2010 - 04:35 AM UTC
That is really cold.

It has happened to me more times than I care to remember. I have a very large box with nothing but instructions, but I have never had this kit.

Contact Airfix. They have a warehouse dedicated to spare parts. I am sure they will have instructions, and maybe replacement decals.
bstachel
KitMaker: 8 posts
AeroScale: 7 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 04, 2010 - 06:48 AM UTC
I have a couple of these kits and can either photocopy them or send you emailed pdf - let me know your preference with address details....

Regards, Richard, theaviattic.com
warreni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
AeroScale: 2,201 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 04, 2010 - 08:14 AM UTC
Silly aerial ping pong person!! I have played both and league is much more satisfying for me.
Yes Karl, very cold.. I too have a huge box of instructions from every kit I have ever built, but I never built the O/400 because I did not build WW1 stuff until just recently.
Thanks heaps Richard. PMed email address.
 _GOTOTOP