_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Feedback
Have a suggestion or topic about this site? Post it here.
AeroScale needs dedicated advertisers...
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
AeroScale: 510 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 - 12:13 PM UTC
AeroScale has been growing! We have literally doubled in traffic vs. the same period last year. 64,000 unique visitors during the past 30 days this year vs. 32,000 last year! With the success of the site of course comes more overhead, specifically bandwidth, but all shipping samples, etc. Now when Armorama had 50,000 unique visitors a month I had no trouble getting advertisers for it, but it seems that no matter how we/I try to sell the left side dedicated space on AeroScale it's a no go. Recently we did have some advertisers running ads in that space and they were doing very well daily click wise. But now we are back to just Battlefleet Models banner. I am a bit flummoxed to be honest.

So I am hoping that maybe a few of our members can put the word out there with retailers they may visit. Site pride and all.

Let vendors know this: If they advertise here and in the first 30 days are not satisfied with their ad, I will refund them for the full price of the ad. I know times are tough economically and all, but I get a bit saddened seeing other sites with half AeroScale's traffic with lots of ads running. Granted some webmasters get product in exchange for ad space and we don't do that, but heck even free products and shipping cost money.

For more info about advertising on AeroScale they can go here: http://adserver.kitseller.net/?realm=9

Thanks very much,
Jim

drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 10, 2010 - 09:09 AM UTC
Is this a typical aeroscale problem or are the other sites (modelgeek, shipwrights...) suffering from the same?
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
AeroScale: 510 posts
Posted: Monday, July 19, 2010 - 12:03 PM UTC
Hi Drabslab,
Yes this issue is true for most of the other sites as well (not including Armorama obviously), but none of the other sites have the traffic levels that AeroScale has.

We have had some inquiries about advertising on AeroScale so that's a plus.

Cheers,
Jim
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 - 10:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Drabslab,
Yes this issue is true for most of the other sites as well (not including Armorama obviously), but none of the other sites have the traffic levels that AeroScale has.

We have had some inquiries about advertising on AeroScale so that's a plus.

Cheers,
Jim

well, armorama is the "mother of all sites" on kitmaker after all.

and maybe many advertisers are simply not thinking about dedicated advertising assuming that armorama is everything;

is it sufficiently obvious for advertisers?

Maybe a promotional stunt offering one dedicated advert for one month on aeroscale (or another one) at a strongly reduced price on top of every new advertisement could raise their attention?

also, to me it looks like most producers/shops are not dedicated to planes alone but are constructing/selling whatever seems profitable.

_GOTOTOP