_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
rigging technique
doppelganger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 557 posts
AeroScale: 193 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2010 - 03:59 PM UTC
I am so sorry to ask yet another question about my academy 1/32 Nieuport 17 build. I have erased seams, primes,used alclad for the 1st time with good results, left the top of upper wing and bottom of lower wing primed only..as advised by my biplane guru JACKFLASH. What is best glue to usewhne setting line in holes ,something with uber fast drying time? then use the clothes pins....right? and when I clean up the holes from rigging and finish with alclad..well that going to be a delicate operation with masking off the rest of the plane I hope to post pics when done to show all how much the helped me..thanks I do not have alot of spare time hence the verrrry long build
md72
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 4,950 posts
AeroScale: 3,192 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2010 - 05:29 PM UTC
Don't have any simple advice, but check out the posts in Early Aviation by folks like Terri (the girl) and Mike (mguns). They've published theor work and may have cross references to other master riggers.

Good luck.
Kornbeef
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
AeroScale: 1,551 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2010 - 07:03 PM UTC
yes or try Mark Hamrick c/s guitarlute101 for some excellent rigging tips in1/32.

and as for build speed, better slow and steady than try to rush amd spoil something my friend.

Keith
MrMox
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 3,377 posts
AeroScale: 115 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2010 - 08:22 PM UTC
I have found good inspiration here http://www.ww1aircraftmodels.com/page6.html at Des Delatorres site, he allso have some projects running at this site, thats worth a look.

Cheers/Jan
doppelganger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 557 posts
AeroScale: 193 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 - 06:14 AM UTC
very helpful, I have saved that to favorites to use as reference, thank you.very interesting turnbuckles and rigging on mark millers 3d drawings, I wonder if they are historically correct? I am going to try and copy them
 _GOTOTOP