_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
1/48th Revell EA-6A Intruder
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 14, 2010 - 03:12 PM UTC
I decided it was time to build another EA-6A Intruder. I hate to do it but I’ll be using Verlindens resin/photo-etch, True Details resin seats, AMS resin intake FOD’s and Paragon resin wing fold mechanism.

I’ll be using the newly released 1/48th Revell EA-6A Wild Weasel Intruder…not sure which marking I’ll be using but I’m favoring the “Playboys”.

While I’m doing this I’m also building the new 1/48th Kinetic EA-6B Prowler seen here.

Prowler build

Happy Modeling,
Joe
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
AeroScale: 1,080 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 01:12 PM UTC
Yup, I'll be watching this one too. Since I have the same kit in the stash, I'm interested to see how the Paragon wing fold set works out. I've been eyeing it for some time but can't really afford it right now. BTW, do you think the wing fold set will also fit the EA-6B by Revell?

Hermon
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 05:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

BTW, do you think the wing fold set will also fit the EA-6B by Revell

Yeah Hermon it would fit, the wings from the Revell/Monogram EA-6A, EA-6B and A-6E come for the same mold. Only problem is that the Paragon wing fold set is made for the Intruder. Both Prowler and Intruder have different wing fold mechanism. If it’s just something for you than go for it or better yet use most of it and scratch up the smaller details.

Happy Modeling,
Joe

ShawnM
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 564 posts
AeroScale: 510 posts
Posted: Friday, August 20, 2010 - 02:04 AM UTC
if you need any spares for this kit let me know, I have a whole kit (minus decals) Im using for spare parts/scratch building bits.
 _GOTOTOP