_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Need Help with Hasegawa's 1/48 Typhoon
metalgear
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Argentina
KitMaker: 50 posts
AeroScale: 22 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 02:45 AM UTC
Hi there

Could somebody tell me if the cockpit in the HASEGAWA 09060 Hawker Typhoon Mk. Ib (tear drop canopy) 1/48 is correct for a three blade - tear drop canopy model at D Day ? or belongs to an earlier car - shape canopy ?
Thank you for your help
treadstone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 83 posts
AeroScale: 31 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 06:28 AM UTC
Hello Mr. Martinez, this aircraft will be my next build, in my research on it, I see that by the time of D-Day the four prop was more prevalent, but there were still many planes that sported the three prop. The Hasegawa kit I have offers one the choice of 3 or 4 props. Though out of production I would recommend you get the Warpaint Series #5, I got mine through Hannants in England. I hope this helps.
robot_
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 719 posts
AeroScale: 691 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 10:31 AM UTC
Hi Gustavo,

Very little changed in the cockpit from the first Typhoons until the last Tempests. The most obvious change was the head armour- from a triangular one in the car-door canopy to the rounded one in the tear drop canopy. The Hasagawa one is correct in this respect. The only error in the cockpit area, that I know of, is the light behind the head armour- it was never installed, and so should be removed.

I think the general consensus is that by this date Typhoon cockpit walls would be black, the tubular structure should be black or painted silver, the seat should be silver, or in some cases black, with a brown padding to the back.
metalgear
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Argentina
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 01:30 PM UTC
Thank you Juan !
metalgear
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Argentina