_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
blackhawk special forces
panzerIV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 781 posts
AeroScale: 65 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 10:21 PM UTC
Hi there
im wondering what type of blackhawk is used by the special forces?
i understand they might not just use 1 particular type of blackhawk
but does anyone know the most common one?

either used by the u.s spec forces
and oor anyothers used by other countries!

plus can someone recomend the type for any of them in
1/72 please

cheers in advance
Tony
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 - 12:14 AM UTC
US Army Special Ops uses the MH-60L. Check out the Blackhawk Down thread pinned at the top of the page for info on the HH/MH-60L. USAF Special Ops uses the MH-60G.

You can see my MH-60L build here, and my HH-60G build here.

Sorry, can't help on the 1/72 model. I only build in large scale; 1/32 and 1/35.
panzerIV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 781 posts
AeroScale: 65 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 - 01:58 AM UTC
thank you for the reply gino

im mainly looking for 1/72 had to scale down to that from 1/35th lack of room
ill wait and see if anyone can point me in the right direction for them in 72nd kits

tony
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 - 03:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Check out the Blackhawk Down thread pinned at the top of the page for info on the HH/MH-60L. USAF Special Ops uses the MH-60G.

One correction to the above. It should be MH-60L for the Blackhawk Down thread and HH-60G or MH-60G for the USAF type. The MH or HH designation depends on who the aircraft falls under. If AFSOC (Air Force Spec Ops Command) owns it, it is an MH-60G; if Air Rescue Command owns it, it is an HH-60G. They are the same basic aircraft though.

Good luck on finding the best 1/72 version. Show some pics once you start it as well.
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 - 04:27 AM UTC
Just found this that may come in handy. Armycast 1/72 HH/MH-60G conversion for the latest version with external weapons mounts. It is designed for the Hasegawa 1/72 HH-60D Nighhawk kit. It looks pretty good. Most of the parts are the same for an Army MH-60L as well, with the exception of the external gun mounts and a few other small pieces.

USAFSPOOK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 116 posts
AeroScale: 1 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 - 07:40 PM UTC
Not trying to be a know-it-all, but Pave Hawks have not been assigned to AFSOC since the 55th SOS was disbanded a few years ago. I might be wrong, but I thought Air Combat Command (Tactical Air Command in my days) took control of Pave Hawk assets-to include Rescue birds as well. I have trouble keeping up with the reorganizing the Air Force seems to constantly be going through, so I guess I have some homework to do. Gino-checked out your Pave Hawk build--absolutely wonderful!! I have one in my pile, along with all of the appropriate Cobra Company sets and Nemrod crew figures; hope I can come somewhere close to yours. A very inspiring piece!
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2010 - 12:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I have trouble keeping up with the reorganizing the Air Force seems to constantly be going through

Bingo. You speak of exactly what I am talking about. For a time, they were MHs under AFSOC, then HHs under Air Combat Command, them back and forth. I have seen current ones under both designation. I don't know which they call them anymore. I guess PaveHawk always works.

Thanks for the compliments on mine. It was a fun build. Good luck on yours.
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2010 - 04:35 AM UTC
Another option. Revell just announced a 1/72 HH-60G PaveHawk to be released next month (SEP '10). It looks pretty good, but seems to be missing the FLIR ball, Weather Radar, Plume/Radar Detectors, and Chaff/Flare buckets on the exterior. It would still need a bit of work to be an accurate HH/MH-60G.
armouredcharmer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 670 posts
AeroScale: 175 posts
Posted: Monday, October 18, 2010 - 04:59 AM UTC
Hi Mate,I`ve just checked out Hannants Of Lowestoft website for you and they`re showing 3 1/72nd scale Blackhawk kits in stock.
This includes what looks like a special operations version by Revell in new releases.
Hope This Helps.
 _GOTOTOP