_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
1/32 P-47D Throttle Quad/Left Cockpit Wall
Tin_Can
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,560 posts
AeroScale: 750 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 03:18 PM UTC
Well, after not doing very good on the foil for the lightning and needing a break from Dauntless, I decided to start this big beast. Adding detail on the P-47D is much easier than the entire scratchbuild I'm doing on the Dauntless. I updated my website to reflect work on it so far and it describes in detail the process for making this throttle quadrant. Here's the link to the Thunderbolt page:

P-47D Thunderbolt

Here's a quick pic. A couple more pics can be found at the link above along with a reference pic. As always, criticism/pointers is encouraged.

Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 06:28 PM UTC
Hi Bryan

That's a lovely looking throttle unit! :-) For "a much easier job", you're really piling it on :-) :-)

One thing I have to ask... how many models do you have on the go at one time? It's all I can do to keep the momentum going on just one (maybe two...). Whenever I submit to temptation and start a new one, things never get finished (I've got a pile on my "Shelf Of Shame" to prove it!):_|

Impressive stuff as ever...

All the best

Rowan
Tin_Can
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,560 posts
AeroScale: 750 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 10:54 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Bryan

That's a lovely looking throttle unit! :-) For "a much easier job", you're really piling it on :-) :-)

One thing I have to ask... how many models do you have on the go at one time? It's all I can do to keep the momentum going on just one (maybe two...). Whenever I submit to temptation and start a new one, things never get finished (I've got a pile on my "Shelf Of Shame" to prove it!):_|

Impressive stuff as ever...

All the best

Rowan

I only have two going on right now and its this P-47 and the SBD-5. The lightning was really a test for the foil (and you know how that turned out...lol) and I have a F-105 that's ready to paint but its a project I only work on when I feel like it. I'm like you and really only like to work on one kit at a time.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2003 - 08:21 AM UTC
:-) Very nice looking throttle, Bryan :-)
The only model I have in 1/32 is the Matchbox Lysander. It will require a great deal of scratch building. I must make a start on it soon
Mal
MrRoo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2003 - 09:07 AM UTC
and some more nice looking scratch work. Ever thought of doing some scratch built trucks? #:-)
 _GOTOTOP