_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
NEWS
Kinetic 1/72 F-16D Block 52+
litespeed
Staff MemberNews Reporter
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,976 posts
AeroScale: 1,789 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 02, 2010 - 02:54 AM UTC
Photobucket

News from Lucky Models is that Kinetic models new release of the F-16D Block 52+ (Polish Air Force / Hellenic Air Force) Fighting Falcon is now available. Do we need another F-16? Well yes, this version is very different from your usual F-16''s and the camouflage pattern will make it stand out from the usual F-16 camouflage scheme.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
ViperEnforcer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 204 posts
AeroScale: 202 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 02, 2010 - 02:01 PM UTC
What we need is a new 72nd F-16 that's "Sate of the Art" tooling, not the trench-soft panel line kits Kinetic is putting out. The surface detail is terribly out of scale! Not to mention that there are still some shape errors carried over from the 48th scale kits.

The ROG F-16 is nice, but it's missing some key heavy weight gear details and is has plane-jane surface detail.

The new Academy Viper kits have superb surface detail (best among 72nd Vipers), but they carried over all the major shape inaccuracies from the 32nd scale kit.

If only Tamiya would downscale their 48th scale Vipers... Oh wait, they're planning on it, though they're talking about a year or more out.

Mike V
TwoBeers
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Australia
KitMaker: 2 posts
AeroScale: 1 posts
Posted: Friday, September 10, 2010 - 11:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

If only Tamiya would downscale their 48th scale Vipers... Oh wait, they're planning on it, though they're talking about a year or more out.

Mike V

Really? I mean, really really? Oooooh, that would be great to see, but messy for my collection of unbuilt F-16 kits..... Are you able to say any more?

I've very nearly changed scales for the Tamiya 48th F-16 kits, but would love to see them in my preferred scale.

Cheers,

Andrew.
 _GOTOTOP