_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Replacement decals for 1/35th UH-1D?
MLD
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
AeroScale: 419 posts
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2003 - 08:28 AM UTC
Does anyone know of aftermarket 1/35th scale Huey decals? Preferably UH-1D but I'm not too picky.

The ones in the Panda kit are GARBAGE! huge thick carrier film and many will disintegrate when placed in water.

Other than robbing them from an MRC Huey, are there any options?
I'm not up to making my own.
Mike
Whiskey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
AeroScale: 252 posts
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2003 - 09:24 AM UTC
I have been wondering the same thing myself MLD. Apparently there are none yet or there isnt a great demand for them. I am really hoping for some 1/9th Cav decals so I can make my Headhunters choppers.
animal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2003 - 11:30 AM UTC
I make the paper "decals" all the time. After you glue them on the model spay a light coat of clear to seal them. After they are sealed you can go over them to weather the entire model as usual. I have had pretty good luck with this process so far. Use the onion paper or air mail paper. It needs to be as thin as possible.
mavrick1124
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 188 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 01:35 PM UTC
I had the same problem with the Panda decals. I was able to save a few of them but had to find others. I found some from Revell's 1/32 Huey, and some oddball stuff in a junk box. There is a decal paper available. You can photo copy what you want onto this paper, coat it with a clear film . After they dry , they work like a regular decal. This would give you the exact markings you want. Find a place, (Kinko's) or simular, and have them copy it from one of their good color copiers.
 _GOTOTOP