P-51D Passion Wagon (Hasegawa, 1/48)
emroglan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,163 posts
AeroScale: 255 posts
Posted: Monday, September 06, 2010 - 03:46 PM UTC
Hello everyone,

Normally I'm an AFV modeler since 2002. Last year, one of my aeroplane modelling friends gave me Hasegawa's P-51D as a present... then started nagging me about building it.

Not a great fan of natural metal/metal colored aircraft myself, I started searching for a decal set for the P-51D. Then I found Eagle Cal's Passion Wagon set. I was set to go.

This was my second aircraft ever built, the first one Revell's P-51B I tried somewhile back. I think I have many errors and information I lacked (like having to actually delete the panel lines on the wings). Yet I'm proud to complete this.

Nowadays I'm more into aircraft modeling, so you might see me more often.

Comments and criticism is welcomed. I have soooo much to learn it seems...

thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Monday, September 06, 2010 - 04:00 PM UTC
You did a very fine job on your build
md72
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 4,950 posts
AeroScale: 3,192 posts
Posted: Monday, September 06, 2010 - 04:14 PM UTC
Looks good! Just for grins, what color are the interiors of the gear doors? Not really a wrong answer here, I just can't read the color from the photos.

Oh, and welcome to the Dark Side
NickZour
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 1,437 posts
AeroScale: 1,241 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 09:50 AM UTC
Clean & nice job Mr. Emre

Cheers Nick
treadstone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 83 posts
AeroScale: 31 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 08:35 AM UTC
Thats a nice looking aircraft, 1. What color did you use for the upper surface camoflage? 2. did you have to do surgery to the rear fin by removing the fillet and what if any after market parts did you use?
emroglan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,163 posts
AeroScale: 255 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 19, 2010 - 09:41 AM UTC
Hi everyone!

Sorry for the late reply, I've been away on Holiday in Holland without my computer.

Mark, the interior of the landing gear doors are natural metal, with the middle parts a darker shade. The white background reflects too much light, it confuses colors a bit.

Quoted Text

Thats a nice looking aircraft, 1. What color did you use for the upper surface camoflage? 2. did you have to do surgery to the rear fin by removing the fillet and what if any after market parts did you use?

The kit is Hasegawa's and I had to cut out the fillet and perform minor surgery. I also should have made some more minor adjustments but I didn't The camouflage colors are a big dispute for this particular aircraft... after lots of research, I decided to paint it British Dark Green instead of American olive drab. It looks darker compared to olive drab, but on the few photos of the aircraft, it also looks darker compared to olive drab painted planes.
 _GOTOTOP