Stuka in progress
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 537 posts
AeroScale: 437 posts
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2003 - 10:58 AM UTC
Hi Guys,
I hope I am doing this right with my pics. I have them at Yahoo photo and have never done this before.
So hopefully here are some pics of my 1/48 Hasegawa JU-87B Stuka in progress. It is getting close to done. There is no weathering yet and no cockpit yet. I still need to and dread painting that. I sent for an eduard mask for that. I havn't used those before and hope it helps.

I apologize if this doesn't work right. If not I'll need to do some more reading on the help files. If this does work I hope you enjoy the pics.

Wayne
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2003 - 11:09 AM UTC
Sorry everyone my pics didn't work right.
Instead I will try just to put a link here to my photo album page on Yahoo.
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/wad_ware

Please bear with me a little more if this does not work right.
Wayne
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2003 - 11:12 AM UTC
Really sorry all,
I will quit clogging things up until I learn how to do this properly.
Wayne
KentVH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 96 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2003 - 02:17 PM UTC
Wad_ware, If you want to post your pics in the forums you will have to first put them on MSN, all this should require is a hotmail account. Then you can load your pics onto a "Groups" page (any MSN group works, it doesn't have to be the armorama group). and from there you can do everything the way the instuctions here tell you.

The JU-87 looks good, I have always wanted to build one

Hope my advice helps (if you understand it! )
vlady
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Bucuresti, Romania
KitMaker: 534 posts
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2003 - 05:35 PM UTC
it looks great to me. never build one. i want to build one one of this days
mj
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,331 posts
AeroScale: 325 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 01:39 AM UTC
Beautiful job on the Stuka, Wayne. I think you did a great job painting it. What did you use as a mask? The last time I tried a camo pattern like that, I used tape, but had a lot of bleeding around the edges. Yours look very sharp and crisp. Great job.

Mike
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,941 posts
AeroScale: 1,040 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 05:56 AM UTC
Here are the pics:

Nice job Wad_Ware. Like it very much.
Venom
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alessandria, Italy
KitMaker: 720 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 06:39 AM UTC
Very nice..
I do more armor than aircraft...but I'm not a rookie on the ww2 german fighters, so i can tell your work is very nice
Regards
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,941 posts
AeroScale: 1,040 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 07:01 AM UTC
What happened with the pics? I posted them for Wad_Ware and they were visible and now they disapeared. ???????????????????
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 08:54 AM UTC
Hi Wayne,
I just love this aircraft and you have a wonderful job, the masking and painting is top notch :-) Are the seat belts Eduard pre-painted? They look very good. In the pics the upper surface colours look grey, is this the lighting? are they RLM 70/71?
I have 2 Ju 87 B-2s under construction, both desert camo. One will be finished in the next couple of weeks. We should have a Stuka get together You should at least have yours in the gallery, when it's complete. :-)

csch, Where Waynes pics are filed dosen't allow hosting to other sites. If you create a link the pics will be visable until the host site realises, then they will disapear. That's my interpretation of what happens. Tried hosting on several sites and the same thing happened to me MSN or another web site is the place to host pics :-)
Mal
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 10:42 AM UTC
Thanks for all the compliments guys. It is nice to share your work/fun with other with the same interests.

Kent - Thanks for the advice on the pics. I am in a couple of Yahoo groups on modeling and have some pics there all ready. I didn't think about or realize that I could use those to post here. I will give that a try next time around. I have a few pics of a Zero and an BF-109E that I have all ready done. I might give it a try for practice and see if I can post those here too.

Mike - I just used strips and strips of low tack masking tape for painting. I just made sure it was pressed down really well and made sure I didn't airbrush directly into the edges of the tape to keep down bleeding under and the tape flying up on me.

Mal - good eye - Those are eduard prepainted seatbelts. I got those by surprise and was thrilled. I had ordered my pe kit from squadron.com which was a real good kit. But it happened to be an older out of date kit. A lot of the parts had no instructions as to what to do with them. I went to the Eduard site and emailed them asking if there were updated instructions for the parts in question. They answered back asking for my mailing address and they would send me the new updated instructions. About a week and a half later I got a
package from them. I opened it up and in it was a complete new pe set with twice as many parts as my original!! and one of the cards was a bunch of prepainted cockpit details such as the seatbelts, levers with colored knobs and handles etc.... I couldn't believe my luck. They sent me all that totally free just because I asked them about updated instructions. To me Eduard is an excellent company!
When I get my Stuka done I will see about putting it in the gallery.
The main colors I used for the Stuka are Model Master 2079 Luftwaffe gray for the interior of the cockpit. The two colors for the outer scheme are RLM75 Grauviolett for the lighter shade of gray, and RLM66 Schwarzgrau for the darker gray.

Thanks again everyone and good modeling,
"Try to look unimportant; they may be low on ammo." -Infantry Journal

Wayne
:-)
tazz
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,462 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 11:52 AM UTC
wow nice job, on the plane,
u did a great job on the seat belts
Tin_Can
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,560 posts
AeroScale: 750 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 12:04 PM UTC
Wayne, I tried editing your post to make the pictures show but couldn't no matter what I tried. Must be something with Yahoo. I did edit your second post and activate the hyperlink.

That is a mighty fine Stuka though. Love the paint job and the nice clean demarcation lines in the camo. As everyone else said, those seat belts are awesome. Can't wait to see it weathered/finished.
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 01:13 PM UTC
Thanks Tazz and TC.

Tin Can - Just wondering..you activated my link to my photo album. What did I need to do different to have that work like a real link? I read and read and read the help on adding images and usually I catch on to computer stuff pretty quick. But when it comes to internet HTML, FTP and all that kind of stuff I really am a super-newbie.

Thanks guys,
Wayne
Tin_Can
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,560 posts
AeroScale: 750 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 01:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks Tazz and TC.

Tin Can - Just wondering..you activated my link to my photo album. What did I need to do different to have that work like a real link? I read and read and read the help on adding images and usually I catch on to computer stuff pretty quick. But when it comes to internet HTML, FTP and all that kind of stuff I really am a super-newbie.

Thanks guys,
Wayne

It looked like you tried to use the little bbcode buttons that come up when your making a post which is fine but I think you used one of them wrong. There are two url buttons.

If you click on the first one, all you do is insert the web address between the two bracketed url tags. If you use the second button you have to do two things: 1. Insert the web address where it says "http://put.url.here" and then replace "linkname" with text people will actually click on. HTH.

uscusn
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 86 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 05:10 PM UTC

Hello Wayne:

Nice Stuka, almost completed mine, got the case of not being careful removing some the final detail bits from the sprues. (snapped off the tip of the antenna and the barrel of the machine gun) These images a couple of weeks ago in the decal stage.

Eagle Strike decals in desert Camo:

I will like to Holdfast's Desert Stuka as well. Enjoyable kit to build little fiddly around the nose to fuselage join. And of course the multi-panel canopy is a joy to mask

Chuck
Fly Navy

Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 06:19 PM UTC
Hi Wad_ware

That cockpit looks amazing! :-) The pre-painted belts really look good - I've never used them, but will now...

I'm not sure about your use of RLM 75 & 66 for the camouflage... I agree with Mal about RLM 70/71 as standard topside colours - is your scheme based on references... it's great to find something non-standard. :-)

Hi uscusn

That desert scheme looks neat... I like the splinter comouflage showing in the patches! :-)

All the best

Rowan
chip250
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
AeroScale: 410 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 07:40 PM UTC
Wow, shes lookin good so far!
Show us the end result, as I am sure that it'll look grand!

~Chip :-)
Wad_ware
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 10:16 AM UTC
Thanks guys,
USCUSN - Your stuka is looking really good. I almost went with a desert scheme but ended up staying with a straight european scheme described with the kit. What is the decal and reference sheet you have in you pics there? I really do like that desert scheme and might still end up doing one on another stuka later on.

MERLIN - I didn't have any reference on the colors. I did a BF-109E that called for these colors on the scheme I did on that. I had the leftover paints still laying around and decided to go ahead and use the same colors on my stuka.

CHIP - It still may take a little while to get it done but when I do I'll definately send in some pics.

Good modeling and thanks,
Wayne

"If your attack is going too well, you're walking into an ambush." -Infantry Journal

uscusn
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 86 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 05:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks guys,
USCUSN - Your stuka is looking really good. I almost went with a desert scheme but ended up staying with a straight european scheme described with the kit. What is the decal and reference sheet you have in you pics there? I really do like that desert scheme and might still end up doing one on another stuka later on.

Hello Wayne:

This is the Eagle Strike JU-87B sheet #48-082. Using Aeromaster 70/71/65 splinter paint scheme. The Desert Tan is a mixture of Humbrol Dark Yellow and Tan Special to create the unique Italian Giallo Mimetico 3 color. The splinter scheme was laid as normal with sharp demarcation lines. But the tan is free hand and was random and an unusual layout compared to other schemes that were employed by the Luftwaffe in N. Africa. 1st German desert scheme I've done of any kind and looks neat sitting next to the 109, 190 and the BF-110 on the shelf.
Chuck
Fly Navy

"If your attack is going too well, you're walking into an ambush." -Infantry Journal

SniperSoldier
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Sao Paulo, Brazil
KitMaker: 1,638 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 02:30 AM UTC
I LOOK IS GREAT - CONGRATS
ROBERTO
 _GOTOTOP