_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Austrian Lozenge Decals?
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 07:58 PM UTC
Hi all

at the moment I feel some kind of soft spot for WWI again, and especially K.U.K. aviation ... you might guess why.

Well so I had a look at my 99.6% finished Aviatic D.I and despite I still do not really like the colours of the Losenge, the larger problem is that the decals broke on many places leaving some big canyons on the camo.

Is there any 1/48 scale aftermarket Austrian Losenge out there ? .. (please do not say Americal/Gryphon )

many thanks

Steffen

P.S. in case you wonder: Losenge is the name of the Rautenstoff and it is not written with "z". It is just you non German speaking crowd that cannot pronounce a voiced "s" (the Z is a very sharp "ts" in German ... guess how we pronuonce Suzuki - exactly vice versa than it should be )
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 10:25 PM UTC
Yes, Doug Baumann has an Austrian lozenge decal camouflage decal available.
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 12:51 AM UTC
Hi Stephen

I know you are a god that hovers above things, but I am just a mortal worm and as such I cannot read your mind. Could you please try to enlighten me and share the manufacturer or a source where to buy it.... (or is it because Gryphon Americal was the only manufacturer and I asked you not to say it is that one? )

moriturus te salutat

Steffen
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 10:03 AM UTC
god? Not so dear Steffen. I am mere flesh and blood. But I could go for the analogy that I hover over my squadron picking off trolls and spammers. Doug Baumann started a thread over on the Aerodrome.

Contact him there.
Click here.
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 06:46 PM UTC
Vielen Dank!!!
 _GOTOTOP