_GOTOBOTTOM
Cold War (1950-1974)
Discuss the aircraft modeling subjects during the Cold War period.
Hosted by Tim Hatton
RF-84F camerascompartment
sernak
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4 posts
AeroScale: 4 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 11:48 PM UTC
Hello everybody,

I would like your assistance regarding an issue that I have.

For the past few months I have started building a kit of the RF-84F but, unfortunately I had to stop mainly because I'm trying to also build the cameras compartment with two very bad-quality photos and these from a colleague's build not from the real aircraft.

So, I was wondering if somebody has some good-quality photos of the RF-84F's cameras compartment and would like to share. I would really appreciated.

Thank you for your time and attention to my request guys.

Cheers

Sernak
vanize
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,954 posts
AeroScale: 1,163 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 02:28 AM UTC
I need these too!
russamotto
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
AeroScale: 375 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 02:23 PM UTC
I think there may be one of these at the Hill Aerospace museum. I hope to get back up there soon and if there is I can grab some photos.
sernak
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4 posts
AeroScale: 4 posts
Posted: Friday, September 10, 2010 - 08:06 PM UTC
Hi Russ,

That would be great! Especially if you ask them to open the specific compartment in order to take some photos.

It's quite difficult to make this compartment based on the poor quality photos that I have mainly because I have no information about the cameras used, the structure of the compartment, or the colour of the compartment.

I have some suggestions (only) that it should had been black and that it had some kind of plates all over it which I don't know what kind of role they played.

I wouldn't get into the 'trouble' of building it but I plan to have it together with an RF-104G, an RF-4E, and an RF-5A.

What I have forgot to mention is that even if you have some drawings or the T.O. from the specific compartment it would really be helpful.

Thanks again for your time guys.

Cheers

Sernak
 _GOTOTOP