_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
Tamiya A-10A Question
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
AeroScale: 1,080 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 08:38 AM UTC
I'm trying to find a resin cockpit set for my Tamiya A-10A that I'm going to build for the CAS campaign. The only thing I've found so far in stock anywhere is the Avionix cockpit set......but it's for the HobbyBoss kit.
Anyone know if this set will slide into the Tamiya kit, and if so what kind of mods will I have to make to get it to work?

Thanks in advance
Hermon
Keeperofsouls2099
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 2,798 posts
AeroScale: 2,443 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 12:32 PM UTC
Just looked at the kit I have laying around and it looks close to the hobbyBoss in layout.Wouldnt go off that though.I did have to do some pretty heavy mods to the bottom of the AIRES tub to get it to fit right.No it dosnt help but maybe it gives you idea.
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 06:25 PM UTC
I wouldn’t was good resin on a Tamiya A-10. Yeah the kit goes together well, and looks the part. It’s sort of based on early pre production A-10’s. it’s comes with the Escapac instead of Aces II ejection seat, if anything replace that with a resin one. For the engine intakes, make cover from masking tape. Missing is the rivet detail at the fuselage tail section and the weapons…useless. All in all it looks like an A-10 and with little work along the side wall panels it’ll look good. As for the decal instrument panel, well it’s kind of hidden under the cover panel. Remember to add in some weight as this is a real tail sitter.

Happy Modeling,
Joe
Keeperofsouls2099
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 2,798 posts
AeroScale: 2,443 posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2010 - 12:19 AM UTC
Unfortunatly I'm with Joe I use my kit for parts
ViperEnforcer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 204 posts
AeroScale: 202 posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2010 - 07:47 AM UTC
Pretty much the same goes for the 48th Italeri A-10. It’s pathetic detailing, major shape inaccuracies, and poorly done ordinance render it one of the worst value 48th jet kits on the market. To make matters worse, the Italeri kit retails for around $45 in the US; which is a total rip-off for what you get!

Mike V

VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
AeroScale: 1,080 posts
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2010 - 03:19 PM UTC
Dang, I figured being a Tamiya kit it would be better than that. Thanks for the help guys. I'll still build the ol' POS but since it's such a dog maybe it'll go in my sons room hanging from the ceiling.

Thanks again
Hermon
 _GOTOTOP