_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Model Cellar new release - Frank Luke
modelcellar
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 75 posts
AeroScale: 50 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 26, 2010 - 11:26 AM UTC
The Model Cellar would like to announce it's new release for September:
a 1/12 scale bust of Frank Luke "Arizona Balloon Buster".

Sculpted by Mike Good, (box art painted by Tim Farrell) this is the next installment in our 1/12 scale series of WWI Pilot busts. The original series of WWI Pilot personality busts began way back in the early 90's with the Richthofen, Rickenbacker, Udet and Goerth busts (also by Mike Good) which were included in the 1/48 WWI aircraft kits by Dragon. The Model Cellar extended the range with Lufbery, Baracca, and Voss. Now we continue expanding the collection by adding Frank Luke to the series.

Sculpted with arms folded as seen in the classic contemporary photo of Luke, he exudes confidence. The Airman's badge and collar insignia are beautifully rendered. The details are clean and crisp right down to the numerals and hands on Luke's watch! The bust is expertly cast with no casting plugs and little to no clean up. ...just assemble, primer and paint. The bust comes with the usual small pedestal.

regards,
Paul
http://www.ModelCellar.com

JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 26, 2010 - 03:41 PM UTC
Bound to be a Mike Good classic as the others! This bust really has that same detail quality. But I can say that about every Model Cellar kit I have built.
 _GOTOTOP