_GOTOBOTTOM
Start Here (for Beginners)
This forum is for younger modelers or people just starting out in the hobby.
Looking for decals
Mohawk73
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Friesland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 388 posts
AeroScale: 59 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 12:47 AM UTC
I'm looking for decals for my HS-123 with the codification: L2+EN belonging to the 5/LG 2 during the French campagne. Scale 1/48.
(the "E" must be red)

Is there someone who knows where i can get these decals? Preferable in the Netherlands or Belgium.
Mohawk73
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Friesland, Netherlands
Posted: Friday, October 01, 2010 - 01:00 AM UTC
Come on guys, help me out please!!!!
Mohawk73
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Friesland, Netherlands
Posted: Monday, October 04, 2010 - 02:18 AM UTC
To make it more clear.

(from the book 'Maquina y la historia')
Watimena
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 39 posts
AeroScale: 33 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 - 06:58 PM UTC
Johan,

I wouldn't know, but you can always try www.hannants.co.uk or www.squadron.com They are on line retailers in the UK and US, and appear to have a pretty comprehensive range. Hannants particularly. There are the japanese online retailers as well which are worth a look. As for European sites, absolutely no idea!!

You could try making them yourself as well, with a scanner and a bubble jet printer and the decal paper. Just use the kit decals for the national markings, stencils etc and make the ones you don't have. Have't tried it myself, but I am sure some people here have.

You asked the questions earlier about brush painting large areas with acrylics, I'd be curious to see how you went, if you don't mind posting some pics.

Cheers

Jeremy
Watimena
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 39 posts
AeroScale: 33 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 - 07:15 PM UTC
Is the kit to go with the diorama you're making? I had a look at the pics on your gallery and it is looking really good.
Mohawk73
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Friesland, Netherlands
Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 - 10:57 PM UTC
Tx Jeremy for your answer. I havn't tried making them myself either, but perhaps in the future. I've desided to use the decals wich came with the plane. I found a combination of markings wich i can use in my timeline.

Thank you for the compliments. Yes i will use the plane for my diorama. Because it's my first diorama build and my first plane build since 25 years the build is going very slow but i want to finish it so i can see my progress of the past months (if there is any )

I'm very satisfied with the Vallejo brushpainting. It's going very wel. The smaller parts and the underside has been painted already. When the topside is finished i will show you the pictures.
After the decals and weathering is done i will show it with my diorama as a W.I.P.

Tx for all.
dioman13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
AeroScale: 54 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 07, 2010 - 02:45 AM UTC
Hi Johan, Another way to go would be to pick up some dry trans. from woodland scenics if you can find them where you live, or mail order. They come in different sizes and colors ( black, white, red, yellow) and styles.
Mohawk73
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Friesland, Netherlands
Posted: Thursday, October 07, 2010 - 03:30 AM UTC
Wow tx Bob. I didn't know they sell decals. Nice commercial signs also. Too bad it's mostly American .
I see they sell "O" scale animals and stuff. I can use this for my 1/48 dio.
Tx
Mohawk73
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Friesland, Netherlands
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 - 02:04 AM UTC
The killmarkings i orderd are on it's way from the UK. I hope they will arrive today or tomorrow. In the meantime i used another decal combination i found pictures of on the internet. So... 'the end is near'...

Remaining 2 questions (for now ):

Were the killmarkings painted on both sides of the plane or just on one side?

I want to attach antennawire onto the plane, but i have never done this before. Now i heard about streching sprue and/or fishwire. What is the best/eassiest method and is there a 'how too'?
Are there more ways to do it?

Tia
Mohawk73
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Friesland, Netherlands
Posted: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - 04:29 AM UTC
Don't bother answering the question. The Henschel is almost finished. Just the canopy and pigments and my first plane since 1985 is ready. I hope the pictures will be ready next week.
 _GOTOTOP